S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Front jacking point

Old 03-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GPW AP2,Mar 16 2010, 08:33 AM
I was researching a new jack a while back and found a site that measured the heights of those jacks. Neither of those jacks will reach the S2K front jack point without something being put under the front wheels. Mine is even worse now with an OEM front lip and a one or so inch drop.

John
Interesting! Wouldn't it go in far enough though that you could still pump it up? Like, JFUSION, I also use two jacks. First to jack up one side, the second to jack up the center jack point.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For oil changes you only need to jack up the passenger front side jack point using the OEM jack. I use the floor jack in the front center point when I need place jackstands for other jobs.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 AM

Just in case anyone is interested in the jack measurements I was talking about. I looked back in my email archives and I found it. The site is a corvette website and the link is below.The center of the front jack point is 29 inches back from the front lip and the lip has 4 inches clearance from the floor. I cant remember if those measurements are post drop or not, though I only have a 1 or so inch drop. Someone may need to confirm that.

I also looked into those ramps, though by the measurements I think they would hit the air deflectors that are in front of the front wheels. I would love to know if they clear, so I can buy a set! If anyone knows please post it up!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvett...ac-dk13hlq.html

John
Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM

Hell I cant even fit a stock jack on the sides of my car without driving up on a 2x4, I would NOT want to even try to tow this car lol
Old 03-16-2010, 01:28 PM

The front jacking point I believe is intended to raise the vehicle while on the alignment machine to service/adj terminals etc. and not to be used with floor jacks.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by aresk3b,Mar 16 2010, 04:28 PM
The front jacking point I believe is intended to raise the vehicle while on the alignment machine to service/adj terminals etc. and not to be used with floor jacks.
I love funny statements as such.

So... The "Jack point" is not intended for a Jack or to Jack up the car?

I was also told the fuel should be sprayed into the trunk opposed to the gas cap as the gas cap is for adding fuel additives not fuel, the headlight switch should never be moved foward to turn your lights on as this left stick is your signal controller only, as well as you should un plug your "brake" lights unless your going on brake at work.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bouford,Mar 16 2010, 12:56 PM
i use these with a regular 4 ton jack

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=802
Old 03-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by S2K Medic,Mar 16 2010, 01:42 PM
I love funny statements as such.

So... The "Jack point" is not intended for a Jack or to Jack up the car?

I was also told the fuel should be sprayed into the trunk opposed to the gas cap as the gas cap is for adding fuel additives not fuel, the headlight switch should never be moved foward to turn your lights on as this left stick is your signal controller only, as well as you should un plug your "brake" lights unless your going on brake at work.
Why it's funny?

I said that the front central jack point should be used for raise the car while on the alignment machine... and that on the machine is and hydraulic jack too.

a normal floor jack cannot be used, you need a race/Low Profile floor jack to access that point.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW I have the HF jack mentioned above. Driving one tire onto a couple boards is enough to get access to the front jack point. The jack works fine, though the set screw for the handle is right on top and kills about 1/2 inch of clearance which sucks.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CapoArgentino,Mar 16 2010, 10:31 AM
For oil changes you only need to jack up the passenger front side jack point using the OEM jack. I use the floor jack in the front center point when I need place jackstands for other jobs.
Hah! I'm the OP, and I just bought the OEM lip, but haven't installed it yet. Now I'll never get anything under there!

Also, If you're gonna jack up just one side for an oil change, wouldn't you do the driver's side? Cause if you do the passenger side, some oil will still stay in the pan.

And you do use a stand after you use the OEM jack, correct?

Quick Reply: Front jacking point