S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Front bumper cover removal - I searched already

Old 02-09-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper cover removal - I searched already

I found the step-by-step instructions from www.ricks2k.com during my search.

I have all the screws out but cannot remove the bumper. I know there are hooks behind there, but how do you get the bumper off? Slide it? Pull it? I don't want to break anything.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 04:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Best way to describe it is that there are two little "outdents" the poke into slots in the front bumper piece that's just at the bottom edge of the headlights. You can go in there with a very thin screwdriver to lift the plastic slots up and over (while pulling forward on the bumper) those outdent bumps.
Or you can take a deep breath, grab the bumper at the wheel well and give it one great big, mighty YANK and pray you got all the fasteners removed.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xviper,Feb 9 2006, 05:46 PM
Best way to describe it is that there are two little "outdents" the poke into slots in the front bumper piece that's just at the bottom edge of the headlights. You can go in there with a very thin screwdriver to lift the plastic slots up and over (while pulling forward on the bumper) those outdent bumps.
Or you can take a deep breath, grab the bumper at the wheel well and give it one great big, mighty YANK and pray you got all the fasteners removed.
i use the small flathead. Also consider wrapping some masking tape about an inch down from the tip of the screwdriver to eliminate possible paint damage.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Download the installation instructions on our web site for Clear Headlights. http://www.ricks2k.com The doc covers it in detail
Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by pancake,Feb 9 2006, 05:35 PM
Front bumper cover removal - I searched already
The instructions for removing the front bumper are available in several places, but what is this front bumper cover that he is asking about? Maybe he is talking about a front bra?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:44 AM

Isn
Old 02-10-2006, 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=pancake,Feb 10 2006, 11:44 AM] Isn
Old 02-10-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The original poster is not talking about a "bra". He's talking about the painted nose of the car. This thing:

Pancake, look carefully at the above picture. That virtical projection at the far left of the picture (just in front of the red thing in the background) is what must be released. If you look closely, you will see 2 slots. These slots must pull forward, up and over 2 matching bumps (look like little pyramids) in the frame. This is what's holding your bumper cap from coming off easily.

The actual "bumper" is in the following picture:

You can see it from the "end view", the top part of which, has a red circle around it.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Feb 10 2006, 01:12 PM
The original poster is not talking about a "bra". He's talking about the painted nose of the car. This thing:

Pancake, look carefully at the above picture. That virtical projection at the far left of the picture (just in front of the red thing in the background) is what must be released. If you look closely, you will see 2 slots. These slots must pull forward, up and over 2 matching bumps (look like little pyramids) in the frame. This is what's holding your bumper cap from coming off easily.

The actual "bumper" is in the following picture:

You can see it from the "end view", the top part of which, has a red circle around it.
Thank you for the pics...

Do you happen to have a picture of the tabs on the frame that these slots slide over?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just give it a yank, and be on the lookout for flying parts. The first time I removed my front bumper cover the driver side wheel well screw fastener (thing the screw goes into) came off too.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I've noticed that some S2000 owners are extremely anal about stupid things like this. If you drive the car it's going to get chipped, cracked, ect. I'm not saying I don't love my S2000, but good lord I can't imagine how long it takes some of you to do an oil change...I mean after taping off the block so no oil drips on it

Quick Reply: Front bumper cover removal - I searched already