S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Found the code for my CEL

Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found the code for my CEL

Hey guys....in the last few days I have done some maintenance that may have caused the CEL to turn on.

1. My friend added a little too much oil on Saturday night ( my level is currently about 1.5 cm above the "H")
2. Yesterday I did the throttle body cleaning...and followed the instructions on the thread in the technical section. Could i have used a wrong product maybe?? it was a throttle body cleaner, thats for sure.
3. I performed the map whack as soon as I was finished with the throttle body.

After performing 2 and 3 (which was all done yesterday around 3 o'clock) I reset the ECU by pulling out the back up fuse. All was fine and no CEL was on. But this morning at 730 on my way to school I looked and noticed that it was on. I'm just wondering wat could have caused this. The car is performing well...and i definitely got that annoying "rpm idle drop" to cease. I haven't revved high lately due to the fact that i know i have a little to much oil in. What would you guys do? Maybe i didn't put the big air hose back on correctly? IDK but I'm worried!!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Get the code. Till then, it's all just guessing.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:07 PM

1.5 centimeters above the H?! Hopefully that's a typo and you meant millimeters. 1.5 cm above the H would be WAY too much oil.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:06 PM

I love this little car chip that I have it is awsome! It saved me a trip to the dealer for a ecu diag.

SO these are the codes I got for my CEL coming on.

(When I tried to perform the Map WHACK I accidently turned on the car)
12/5/05- P0108- Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input

After this...I actually reset the ECU and the CEL never came on.

untill....

(I cleaned the throttle body using the instructions in the Idle hesitation thread)
12/14/05- P0411- Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected.
After the CEL coming on this time....I tried everything i could to get rid of it....I got an oil change....did Map Whack again and I also replaced a missing Hose clamp for the PCV hose. Yet the CEL keeps coming back on even after resetting the ECU(by pulling out back up fuse).

So now for my question.....is there anything still wrong with my engine or car??? Can I drive it normally now?? What can I do to fix the CEL from coming back on.

Thanks alot guys
Old 12-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

I have been getting the P0411 CEL as well, but I have gotten a couple diffrent answers as to what it could be. I have been told vac lines or cat/o2 sensor issues. I haven't had a chance to buy the helms manual for the car yet, does anyone have one that can tell us exactly what this CEL means or how to troubleshoot it? I have also been told that this is an emissions CEL and that the car should still drive normally.

What car chip thing are you talking about?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by VaragS,Dec 15 2005, 11:06 PM
12/14/05- P0411- Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected.
After the CEL coming on this time....I tried everything i could to get rid of it....I got an oil change....did Map Whack again and I also replaced a missing Hose clamp for the PCV hose. Yet the CEL keeps coming back on even after resetting the ECU(by pulling out back up fuse
The CEL won't go away because the stuff you are doing has nothing to do with the P0411 code. You need to understand what this code pertains to. Oil change, MAP and PCV aren't related.

You need to trace your vacuum lines, white check valve and solenoid wiring harness. You probably knocked one off or got one crossed when you "cleaned your TB". Look here and follow it step by step:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105368
Old 12-15-2005, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the replies....Xviper I checked everything that you posted on that thread and they seem to be just right. Is there any other reasons why that CEL keeps commin on??
Old 12-15-2005, 10:53 PM

http://www.ambientweather.com/carchipbase1.html That is the "car chip" that i use btw
Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by VaragS,Dec 16 2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the replies....Xviper I checked everything that you posted on that thread and they seem to be just right. Is there any other reasons why that CEL keeps commin on??
That code is only related to that thread I linked. I would suggest you check again carefully. This has been a problem for many other owners and sometimes, after 2 or 3 checks, the problem is discovered. Sometimes, it's from a cracked hose line where it connects up to the other tubing. Other times, it's the wiring harness getting loose. Then there's the backwards white check valve.
Double check to make sure you don't have more than one code.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:43 AM

Ya i checked the hoses multiple times last night.....and i reached my hand down and reaffirmed the connections. Nothing was different from the configuration that you had Xviper, but I just made sure that the hoses are placed in the right places. This morning however, on my way to school the check engine light went off on its own...without any ecu reseting. So does that mean that everything is fine now??

Quick Reply: Found the code for my CEL