S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Finally, 500+HP turbo s2000

Old 11-21-2003, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to ask what is the peak tq, from the graph looks impressive, if you would have held the boost it would had been a very nice curve, also do you have your boost set by rpms as i see you have a rising tq curve.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:43 AM

As far as being aggressive......I dont believe in that! You tune for power. Watch the plugs , AFR and EGT's. As far as the boost....I compared it with HYBRID's 500whp B-series and the PT61 spooled in the same time on the S2K, which tells me that we are doing very good for the compression the S2K is...which BTW is alot lower than HYBRIDS @ 9:1.....For the power level that we were hired to achieve I believe the turbo is slightly too large, but thats my opinion. I took it out for a test drive and if the boost came up any faster the car would be very deadly and prolly break the car in half from the extra tq. If we had the chance to build the motor we would have changed a few things but not much. We are currently working on a better tubular header for the T4 size turbo but it will still have exhaust routing problems and will be offered in a very limited street use version. As far as a T3 version I believe our new header for that will be killer. Combined with a properly sized T3/T4 we can hit the 550-600whp mark .... no problem...

BTW 505whp 355fttq

S2K engine specs.....

Seems to have:
Crower rods(or same design)
8:1 pistons(static test yeilded 155 with stock cams)
valves and springs are upgraded
Darton Sleeves
NEEDS a sheet metal intake also!(in the works too)

Howard
AR Fab
540 955 2263
Old 11-21-2003, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by TurboVtk
forgot to ask what is the peak tq, from the graph looks impressive, if you would have held the boost it would had been a very nice curve, also do you have your boost set by rpms as i see you have a rising tq curve.

The only reason why it rises like that is its a pretty big turbo for 8:1.....but as soon as it hits 6200 its at full boost.....it just falls off a little after that becasue the BOV is leaking....needs a TIAL or TypeR

Howard
AR Fab
540 955 2263
Old 11-21-2003, 11:56 AM

That thing is a beast. I'm guessing that it would take quite a driver to maneuver and negotiate a couple hot laps. Perhaps it is even meant for the drag strip only?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:56 AM

AR Fab,
What EGT & coolant temps did you see?
Old 11-21-2003, 12:09 PM

a bit off topic but it always puzzled me that most turbo kits manufacture their parts a second time. What i mean is why not mandrel bend the pipes once you have a welded set.

AR... if you know, what is the efficient boost levels and total capacity of the turbo used by speedcraft?

How much do you guys charge to tune an AEM ems and how long do you guys take to do a single map, as well as multipes maps for same setup at diff boost levels on a stock bottom end.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:29 PM

DAAAAAAAYYYYYUMMMM
Old 11-21-2003, 12:31 PM

I've got enough problems with 300whp on the track -- and my torque curve is almost flat. Absent a widebody kit and some major extra rubber, this car might be impressive on paper but I'm not sure I'd take it onto a road course without first seriously detuning the boost at anything less than about 75% throttle using the boost-to-throttle settings in the EMS. Perhaps for the quarter mile it'll do fine (once your customer's beefed up everything south of the clutch plate), but I don't know s&^%$t about how to build a car for the strip. Like I said, one wonders "why" but it's still an impressive number.

CB
Old 11-21-2003, 12:58 PM

Did someone ask if this car was fast??? At Fall Colours 2003 I was completley blown away by this turbo application. At first sight it looked like cjb80's application with the turbo mounted in front of the engine, but I had never seen that car in person being that he's in Florida. While I wanted a ride in M777erlin's car to feel the power of the Vortech, my passenger got a ride in the turbo car. When I asked him how it felt he didn't say a word he just looked at me with a face like then I was like - it's a job well done & that was before the final tuning when it had "only" 430 or so HP. I can't imangine what it feels like now above 500. Alot of money, time, pateince, and tuning skill went into this project and the result is warranted.

On the way back to New Jersey my passenger turned down the music and said, "Shareef, that guy's car was f**king ridiculous- the power was unreal." Enough said- especially coming from someone who has owned a Comptech SC CL Type-S a Stillen Maxima and an APR Stage III + 1.8T and never says anyone's car is fast. Enough Said.

Congratulations.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:20 PM

nice

Quick Reply: Finally, 500+HP turbo s2000