S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

fillin it up problem

Old 02-12-2016, 10:31 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I had this problem at every pump at a particular gas station. They were bought out and the new owners replaced the pumps and the problem went away.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:33 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I have this same problem at any gas station. I have no idea how to fix it.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jca24
Originally Posted by allansteele' timestamp='1455167072' post='23877591
i've had this problem since i bought the car (used) but finally annoyed enough to try and figure out what the problem is. When filling up i have to fill it really slowly or the pump will shut off and its impossible to just set the pump to on and let it hang, you have to hold it and manually fill..very slow. And, since i live in oregon they won't let us pump our own gas so every time i go to fill it up i have to do the same old song and dance to get them to let me pump it. Has anyone heard of this? its an 04, my 00 never had this problem

Did I read this correctly, Oregon will not let you pump your own gas?
Yep.. it's crazy. when i first came up from California i stopped for gas just N of the border and started to pump my gas like normal when a worker came over and stopped me. i thought it was a joke. its majorly annoying to have to wait for them to do it. You could be finished filling up and you have to wait for them to hang the nozzle up for you. funny thing is though they will let you fill up your motorcycle by yourself
Old 02-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Geebs
Billman is correct. Check your venting
what the best way to check it?
Old 02-12-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by allansteele
Originally Posted by jca24' timestamp='1455236097' post='23878403
[quote name='allansteele' timestamp='1455167072' post='23877591']
i've had this problem since i bought the car (used) but finally annoyed enough to try and figure out what the problem is. When filling up i have to fill it really slowly or the pump will shut off and its impossible to just set the pump to on and let it hang, you have to hold it and manually fill..very slow. And, since i live in oregon they won't let us pump our own gas so every time i go to fill it up i have to do the same old song and dance to get them to let me pump it. Has anyone heard of this? its an 04, my 00 never had this problem

Did I read this correctly, Oregon will not let you pump your own gas?
Yep.. it's crazy. when i first came up from California i stopped for gas just N of the border and started to pump my gas like normal when a worker came over and stopped me. i thought it was a joke. its majorly annoying to have to wait for them to do it. You could be finished filling up and you have to wait for them to hang the nozzle up for you. funny thing is though they will let you fill up your motorcycle by yourself
[/quote]

Why? This must be a leftist thing. Please enlighten me.

I am thankful everyday that I live in Texas!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Received 115 Likes on 105 Posts

Oregon is funny. A lot of left-wing hipsters and hippies...and also has the most right-wing KKK members vs anywhere in the states...if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:17 PM

Received 248 Likes on 177 Posts

African-Americans were not the primary target of Oregon’s Klan, in part because African-Americans were officially banned from the state by Oregon’s Constitution — the only such law in the country.
In fact, by 1927 the tide had turned so strongly against the Klan that the clause banning African-Americans from the state was finally stricken from the Oregon Constitution.

http://portlandtribune.com/fgnt/36-n...-birthday-gift

ROD
Old 02-13-2016, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Geebs
Billman is correct. Check your venting
whats the best way to check it?
Old 02-13-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Going forward the best way to prevent it is to stop filling the tank at the first click, don't top it off after the first click. When you fill it beyond that point you risk filling the vent and charcoal canister with fuel.

My car used to have this issue and I had the bad habit of always topping off the fuel after the first click. I've stopped that practice though.

I also had an issue with a bad fitting fuel cap and I replaced the fuel filler pipe, some ap1's had issues with defective fuel filler pipes. I don't know if the defective fuel filler pipe had an effect on the fuel filling issue but both issues have gone away.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 115 Likes on 105 Posts

Anyone know (or have pics) where the EVAP lines' ends are, that go to the charcoal canister? Or, know where the charcoal canister is?

I'd love to hit a gas station soon, and blow some compressed air into the lines.

Quick Reply: fillin it up problem