S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

F20C specs

Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default F20C specs

Alright, first off... I am new to the F20C motor and marketplace, but am very adept inside an engine (I am personally a SBC/LT1/LS1 guy). I am doing this (and posting) for a friend. I have a 95 Firehawk with a 383 putting 430 rwhp with a motor I built.

At first glance, this motor is VERY frustrating because I cannot find any information whatsoever about specifics... which is why I am posting here. The worst part is any site that sells parts doesnt list specifics. It seems like they just sell parts as stages, but give absolutely no info besides "xxx product works with xxx product" to keep the consumer ignorant (because we all know ignorant consumers are the highest payers).

If you can point me in the right directions or give me some detailed specs I would appreciate it.

Some specs/questions I am trying to find, but havent had much luck...

Valve stem diameter
Max valve size (without shrouding)
Spring install height
Spring diameter, ID/OD (and possible oversize without cutting for seats)
Spring pressure limits (how high can you safely go on seat/open pressures)
Allowable overbore/hone
Stroke clearance
Deck height
Rod journal size
Pin size
Rod width (at both ends)
Tuning (do you need a new PCM or can you flash the new one?)
Crank... what are the journal sizes and can you use cranks from any other motor?

Pistons: what kind of pistons/rings/coatings can you (or have to) use on a seasoned block with a fresh hone (and is there a special type of hone for this block?)

TQ specs: Havent found any yet

Cams: Who makes custom cams? I dont want to buy some shelf cam. We are getting portwork, so I want a cam to work with our head and I dont want some stage 2/3/78 cams. Stages are for ignorant consumers.

Head: Flowsheet? anyone have them for lifts from .1 to ~.6 on the stock head... Port volume, min cross sectional area, runner length.... you get the idea.

Intake: Runner length and plenum volume. (Who makes ITBs )... ITB is favorite!

Headers: Stock primary diameter? Runner lengths? Any major gains from aftermarket headers?

Thanks guys,
Stu
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of what you are looking for in terms of allowances and dimensions are in the official Honda service manual, available from http://www.helminc.com/

Not much of the motor can be swapped with any other motor -- it's pretty much one of a kind. There's no "family" of motors associated with it except for the F20C and F22C.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search for threads by Sideways (or send him a PM if you're lazy or can't find it). I believe he posted before/after flow numbers on his head when he had some work done.
(found some info: http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?...article_id=6500 )

As for cams, there are only a few mfrs that I've heard of that make cams for the S2000. I wouldn't call them "custom"... just aftermarket. And I haven't seen any customer dynos that show gains from any of these cams. I had some Toda cams on my car, and they made about 6-8hp, but they disintegrated.

For ITBs, you might look on the JDM Tuning forum. They'll know who makes them. I want to say Hayward is the brand that's popular, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.hytechexhaust.com/

They are good with Hondas, and will make custom cams, and header for your specific application.