S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

EVS 70-SSP exhaust alignment - close to bumper

Old 04-02-2021, 11:57 AM
Jub

Received 417 Likes on 327 Posts
Default EVS 70-SSP exhaust alignment - close to bumper

I have an EVS 70-SSP single exhaust installed. I'm generally very happy with the exhaust but am a little concerned with the alignment. It has been on for about a year and has always been close to the bumper. I recently had the cat back off and also installed a different cat. I'm not sure if the position of the exhaust has actually changed or if I'm just focused on it now. Anyways, it is a little more to the left than I'd like and very very close to the bumper. I'm mostly concerned with potentially burning my bumper more so than I am aesthetics. Does anyone know why this may be or how I can adjust the exhaust to a better position? I've moved around a few of the hangers without much luck.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Try using a different rubber hanger.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:45 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

I have a T1R 70EM - the rubber hangers are triangular and have different length sides so you can adjust position by flipping them around. Be warned the single exhaust can slip out of the rubber hangers.

Mine burned my bumper and I was pissed. I switched to aftermarket polyurethane bushings. Which added a bit of NVH but certainly peace of mind knowing it’s solidly locked into place.

Also nice LBP!

Old 04-02-2021, 09:07 PM
Jub

Thanks, definitely a big fan of the LBP and would like my rear bumper to not suffer the same fate, I did actually see the thread where you posted the damage while I was searching to see if I could find info before making a new thread.

I don't have any of the triangular hangers. I'll have to pull out my stock exhaust and see if it has one attached. I'm curious as to what others who run the evasive exhaust are running for the hangers. My current ones are the standard double hole hangers. If I need to try to bend the hangers on the pipe, so be it, I'd just rather extinguish my other options first.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:15 AM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 512S2k

I have a T1R 70EM - the rubber hangers are triangular and have different length sides so you can adjust position by flipping them around. Be warned the single exhaust can slip out of the rubber hangers.

Mine burned my bumper and I was pissed. I switched to aftermarket polyurethane bushings. Which added a bit of NVH but certainly peace of mind knowing it’s solidly locked into place.

Also nice LBP!
Damn that's way off
Old 04-03-2021, 02:15 AM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Jub
I have an EVS 70-SSP single exhaust installed. I'm generally very happy with the exhaust but am a little concerned with the alignment. It has been on for about a year and has always been close to the bumper. I recently had the cat back off and also installed a different cat. I'm not sure if the position of the exhaust has actually changed or if I'm just focused on it now. Anyways, it is a little more to the left than I'd like and very very close to the bumper. I'm mostly concerned with potentially burning my bumper more so than I am aesthetics. Does anyone know why this may be or how I can adjust the exhaust to a better position? I've moved around a few of the hangers without much luck.
Too far to the left and too close to the bumper as well. It'll eventually burn the paint. Try a different hangar as suggested above.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:52 AM

Received 1,377 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Are you using the hanger at the rear subframe? I see a lot of people leave that one off ....no idea why.

And you have to leave all the bolts loose, line everything up...and then tighten.

Its a slip fit exhaust. So there is a TON of adjustment available. Which inversely also means there is a TON of adjustment needed.

You can line it up. Just spend a little time. I have the same exhaust on a AP2 and I can line it up exactly right.
The following users liked this post:
Crab Rangoon (06-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Jub

Originally Posted by B serious
Are you using the hanger at the rear subframe? I see a lot of people leave that one off ....no idea why.

And you have to leave all the bolts loose, line everything up...and then tighten.

Its a slip fit exhaust. So there is a TON of adjustment available. Which inversely also means there is a TON of adjustment needed.

You can line it up. Just spend a little time. I have the same exhaust on a AP2 and I can line it up exactly right.
I'll have to try loosening everything up, having a friend hold the exhaust in alignment, and then tightening it up again.

It looks like some of the 70-ssp's were slip fit. I believe those were the older ones where now they are a two bolt flange, like the picture below. Mine is the flange design though I do not think my flange is slotted like the gasket below insinuates. I don't think I have that type of adjustment available but maybe I was in too much of a rush when I was under there to notice. All of my hangers are in place, including the additional bracket on the diff. Initially, one of my hangers on the mid-pipe had ripped. I was hoping that was my issue but I've replaced it with little to no change in positioning. I'm pretty sure all my hangers are Honda 18215-S2A-000.