S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

eps light on, no power steering!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I actually just got mine all sorted out in the last 20 minutes. All you have to do is jump the 9 and 4 pins on the gray HDS plug(rectangle plug, cant miss it) and the EPS light will blink a certain number. Long blinks equal ten and short blink equal 1. So, for example if you have 3 long blinks and one short blink it will equal code 31. let me know what code it throws and I will set you straight from my helms manual or you can google it but I'm more than happy to help you with anything I can.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by *JG*
Yeah, I actually just got mine all sorted out in the last 20 minutes. All you have to do is jump the 9 and 4 pins on the gray HDS plug(rectangle plug, cant miss it) and the EPS light will blink a certain number. Long blinks equal ten and short blink equal 1. So, for example if you have 3 long blinks and one short blink it will equal code 31. let me know what code it throws and I will set you straight from my helms manual or you can google it but I'm more than happy to help you with anything I can.
dude, thank you so much, I'm gonna try this tomorrow, and see what i get. I really love your kindness, thank you
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 PM

No problem man
Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its actually in the drivers side under the dash near the trans tunnel. It has numbers at each end of it. You need to short one end to the #4 pin and the other to the #9 pin. I'm have the same problem accept for when I try to clear the code on the second 45 degree turn of the wheel, the code starts blnking again. Anyone know why this is?
Depends on the year model. Earlier models are on the passenger side.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:42 PM

ok i found the obd2 plug, but there is no numbers on the pins, so how do i know where to start counting to find 4 and 9?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
haha thanks, i found it just now, they are so small lol, but it looked like where that picture shows the 9 there is a 8 but i may just be seeing things. thanks again, im go try this right now, i shall be back
Old 07-27-2011, 03:40 PM

ok so i got 3 fast/short blinks fallowed by 2 slow/long blinks, fallowed by 2 more fast/short blinks.
but i thought it was only a two digit number? maybe im reading it wrong? and its only 3 fast and 2 short? im not sure? thanks again
Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by SgtB
Originally Posted by *JG*' timestamp='1311731247' post='20818728
Its actually in the drivers side under the dash near the trans tunnel. It has numbers at each end of it. You need to short one end to the #4 pin and the other to the #9 pin. I'm have the same problem accept for when I try to clear the code on the second 45 degree turn of the wheel, the code starts blnking again. Anyone know why this is?
oh ok didn't know this. 3fast and 2short would be 32 and that is the code for the main current sensor offset. Check the plug on the power steering motor. it will be a 2wire(green/red) plug maybe it sliiped out of place or one of the terminals inside of it has back out of the connector. THis is exactly what happened to mine a couple days ago
Old 07-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by SgtB' timestamp='1311771452' post='20819903
[quote name='*JG*' timestamp='1311731247' post='20818728']Its actually in the drivers side under the dash near the trans tunnel. It has numbers at each end of it. You need to short one end to the #4 pin and the other to the #9 pin. I'm have the same problem accept for when I try to clear the code on the second 45 degree turn of the wheel, the code starts blnking again. Anyone know why this is?
oh ok didn't know this. 3fast and 2short would be 32 and that is the code for the main current sensor offset. Check the plug on the power steering motor. it will be a 2wire(green/red) plug maybe it sliiped out of place or one of the terminals inside of it has back out of the connector. THis is exactly what happened to mine a couple days ago
[/quote]
oh ok, well i remember one time we took that plug off and put a tester light on it to see if it had power coming out of it, and it didnt,so basicly there is no power going to the rack. could that little wire/plug have a short? any way to test?

Quick Reply: eps light on, no power steering!