S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Eninge Problems--need Help Pls.!!!

Old 05-26-2002, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eninge Problems--need Help Pls.!!!

I was drving home from my girlfriend's parent's and 10mins away from my house the MAINTENANCE REQ'D light blinked a few times. I thought it was weird but it went away. Then afew minutes later the ABS light blinked and then the EPS also. I thought I was in deep S!@#! because I actually felt the power steering stiffen-up. Luckilly, I was able to reach home. Once I parked it...shut down...and tried to restart...IT WOULDN'T! Crap I thought there was seriously something wrong! It felt like the car had no power or something!?!?

So I then tried to jump start the car again, because it would not start on its own still. I worked...it started. But when I tried to move it or even put in on gear, I see the EPS light blink again. Now I am completely puzzled. Because the battery seems to have power because the lights were still turning on the the alarm still locks/unlocks the car and even the power windows was working...So I left it alone for awhile and jumped it again. It started and was running fine. Left it in idle and tried to start it again without jumping it...it started. Tried it again...it started. All I could say is what the HELL IS GOING ON!!! Since it seems to be fine at the moment, I decided to reset the ECU also and then restart again...it worked. I will try again tomorrow.

One more thing to add, I also noticed that when I turn the key on (before starting)...the MAINTENANCE REQ'D light blinks a few times and then goes away. Is this normal?

Is there something wrong with my car? Has anyone experienced this before? I very much appreciate your insight to this problem or advice. Just wanted to make sure if there is something that I can do or not do.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:41 PM

if the ECU throw you another code, take it to the dealership and have them read the code.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:14 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Admittedly a stab in the dark but easy to check and fits the symptoms as described so far:
Take a quick measure of your battery voltage (should be 13 volts or so) .... maybe your battery has an internal short ..... maybe ......
Old 05-27-2002, 05:54 AM

Mingster, RT, Rowland:

Thanks for the info. I will run the car again today to observe, check the battery and will set an appointment at my dealer. Thanks again.