S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Engine Torque Damper mount

Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

more FA Q

Question # 4 Is the two fuse box mounting tabs strong enough to hold back the S2000
Old 02-23-2007, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok my bad, my question was stupid on WHY japanese did not think of this.

Let me shoot another stupid question. Why they used suspension head bolts? Why they did not use the same support which is currently being used by fuse box?

bjeong1381 Posted on Feb 22 2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry but this is just an uneducated statement. In Japan the fusebox is on the opposite side so they don't have to worry about it.
So do you mean to say they just made the bracket for LHD by braking the fuse box support to sell the product in those markets?

I am sorry guys, dont take me wrong, i went through this before thats why i am sharing with you all, might sound stupid! But these questions always come in.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umair_k,Feb 23 2007, 06:52 AM

Let me shoot another stupid question. Why they used suspension head bolts? Why they did not use the same support which is currently being used by fuse box?

So do you mean to say they just made the bracket for LHD by braking the fuse box support to sell the product in those markets?

I am sorry guys, dont take me wrong, i went through this before thats why i am sharing with you all, might sound stupid! But these questions always come in.

All the ETD's sold over here are not made specifically for the USDM but for JDM. In Japan they do not have the fuse box or the AC lines running on the right hand side of the car, they all run down the opposite side. This is why they do not have the same issues we have here.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:09 AM

Ok ... got your point. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:12 AM

I see your saying the mount is strong enough for 150TQ but IF...IF i were to boost is and get the TQ much higher would I have problems with the mount? Is the mount just reqular metal...aluminum...etc?
ALSO, what about shearing on the bolts? The mount might be strong but what grade are the bolts?
Thanks!
Looking foward to buying this soon

Russ
Old 02-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bjeong1381,Feb 23 2007, 07:01 AM
All the ETD's sold over here are not made specifically for the USDM but for JDM. In Japan they do not have the fuse box or the AC lines running on the right hand side of the car, they all run down the opposite side. This is why they do not have the same issues we have here.
Actually if I recall correctly, J's racing tested out a bracket made for the left hand drie cars in a members car back in around 2002. To make sure the AC lines weren't rubbing etc. On his car the bracket was perfect and it didn't rub the AC lines etc...only the fuse box bracket had to be removed. So they desiged on for the US model...the test car was a 01, but then in 02 and up the AC position or location changed a little so now the bracket that was desiged for the 01 with no rubbing or AC line contact now didn't work for the 02 and up.

Also I believe the right hand drive (JDM) bracket wouldn't work on our cars anway due to its design and everything that would get in the way. If you noticed the J's racing has a fuse box bracket welded onto its ETD bracket...if it was made ONLY for JDM market...why would they put a fuse box bracket when their fuse box is on the other side? It was designed for the US market...but I guess just not well desiged.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by rugsr,Feb 23 2007, 10:12 AM
I see your saying the mount is strong enough for 150TQ but IF...IF i were to boost is and get the TQ much higher would I have problems with the mount? Is the mount just reqular metal...aluminum...etc?
ALSO, what about shearing on the bolts? The mount might be strong but what grade are the bolts?
Thanks!
Looking foward to buying this soon

Russ
# 1
High grade 3/16" aluminum
No shearing here
The bolts are flanged grade #8 with a special made flange nut that is round/elliptical so they will lock in place.
It is still a good idea to use a few drops of lock tight (Blue) for insurance.

As for the FI question I will answer that soon, please stand by
Old 02-23-2007, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow_S2K,Feb 23 2007, 10:01 AM
Actually if I recall correctly, J's racing tested out a bracket made for the left hand drie cars in a members car back in around 2002. To make sure the AC lines weren't rubbing etc. On his car the bracket was perfect and it didn't rub the AC lines etc...only the fuse box bracket had to be removed. So they desiged on for the US model...the test car was a 01, but then in 02 and up the AC position or location changed a little so now the bracket that was desiged for the 01 with no rubbing or AC line contact now didn't work for the 02 and up.

Also I believe the right hand drive (JDM) bracket wouldn't work on our cars anway due to its design and everything that would get in the way. If you noticed the J's racing has a fuse box bracket welded onto its ETD bracket...if it was made ONLY for JDM market...why would they put a fuse box bracket when their fuse box is on the other side? It was designed for the US market...but I guess just not well desiged.
I was actually thinking about the j's bracket when I was typing out my reply last. I stand corrected. J's made one that still rubs the AC line.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 PM

More FA Q's
# 5
A compound question

How hard is the PuddyMod ETD mount to install? How many hours will it take me to install?

The PuddyMod ETD mount is so easy to install, even a Caveman can do it
It will not take hours

The mount it's self will take about 20 to 25 minutes to install. You will need (in a perfect world of tools) two 10mm shallow sockets, two
Old 02-23-2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by umair_k,Feb 23 2007, 09:52 AM

NO, Your question was not dumb
Thank you for it

Quick Reply: Engine Torque Damper mount