S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

emanage timing and vortech sc

Old 07-20-2003, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emanage timing and vortech sc

Is there any confirmation regarding the emanage timing working with the s2k? I know a few days ago, it was assumed to be working, however I have not seen anyone do a timing test on the car.

2nd question... if it is actually working, is it accurate? IE 1 degree or retard via the emanage = 1 degree on the f20c?

3rd, if you use the Emanage, do you still need an FMU with a vortech sc kit? Or can the emanage increase fuel enough so a fum is not needed.

4th, would it be better to use the emanage timing instead of the vortech black box?

5th Does the stock ecu re-learn the fuel trims like with the v-afc?

Thanks all input is welcomed
Old 07-20-2003, 07:48 PM

Is there any confirmation regarding the emanage timing working with the s2k?
I don't know how to provide "proof" that it's working, other than that it's working and that I've seen it work.

[QUOTE][B]...if it is actually working, is it accurate?
Old 07-20-2003, 08:33 PM

It's possible that this can be completely tuned out, but I have not proven this to myself yet. We have certainly been able to make a dent in the bogging / lagging at certain RPMs / throttle positions...but they have not completely gone away. We have only spent a few hours street tuning, so I can't really say that we've done everything possible to make it perfect.
You can greatly minimize bogging and hesitation ect, however it will never go away with constant fine tuning. I personaly have been driving over 10k miles and constantly tweaking things. It will never all go away no matter how much you play Thats the down fall of a piggy back.

Some features that future emanges should incorporate that are lacking now is an air temp sensor correction........ moving maps up and down simultanously when weather conditions change i.e richining up maps when the temp drops and vice versa according to air temp readings from the oem sensor.
Currently in order to aleviate this one has to lower and raise the injector correction #s to move maps up and down. Or atleast it should incorporate like other piggy backs and standalones a master fuel trim that can move all fuel maps up and down.
Thats my biggest gripe with the unit.
It would also be nice to have fuel maps corrected for different gears.
An example:
there is less resistance thus less fuel requirments on a motor in lets say 1st gear vs 6th gear.
So lets say you have tuning down pat for gears 1-3 and when you start tuning at WOT on the highway in 5th and 6th gears the mixture will be lean. You then have to further add more fuel to get reasonable a/f's. But then in gears 1-3 you are running overly rich.
It would be nice for greddy to incorporate a provision that could get rid of this.
All in all its a nifty computer that is much superior to the VAFC