S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

ECU question

Old 05-10-2003, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU question

After the turbo (with new injectors 440cc) the engine check light came on. Two shops I went to said the exact same thing that my enginez running a bit too rich (will that really hurt my engine? I mean I'm not burning fuel as to the point where my exhaust spits out black smoke but itz still just a bit too much fuel. Is that bad?). But anyhootz the fastest time my shop can tune my Greddy Emamage (piggy-back system) is Tuesday. And becuase my S is a daily driver (only car I have) I have to run it rich until than. The shops told me itz really not a problem and my annoyance with the engine check light gradually went away. Today (after two days of engine check light) the light went away. The car didn't recieve anything different (I did run it really hard one time). So the question is does the S2000 ECU have a capability of learning? I've heard that prelude OBD II can acutally learn if therez anything different is changed on the configuration. Is this true? Does S2000z ECU do that?

Tuner
Old 05-11-2003, 03:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaS2000Tuner
[B]After the turbo (with new injectors 440cc) the engine check light came on.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:05 PM

Great! Soundz good. Hopefully the tuning will solve the problem although the guys at the shops told me the engine check light may still come on.

See~ "z" instead of "s" isn't so bad lol. Thanks for your civil way of handling my rudeness. I apologize if there was any offense.

Tuner
Old 05-12-2003, 06:59 AM

The engine check light that I THOUGHT went away came back. With what seems like a vengence. Now my car chokes to death on idle after it had been first started in the morning. Basically, I turn the car on and let it reach three bars. Than I would start moving the car but when I bring it back to neutral the RPM would drop really bad and the car starts shaking. It goes away after I've drivin a bit. Whatz this about?

Tuner
Old 05-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Banned

ztupid
Old 05-12-2003, 12:53 PM

Rental car is the way to go until it is proper tuned
Old 05-12-2003, 02:37 PM

great
Old 05-12-2003, 07:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaS2000Tuner
[B]The engine check light that I THOUGHT went away came back.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by ChrisD

Spark plugs may be fouled out or gapped too large. Cooler coolant temperatures and low airflow cause poor fuel atomization, leading to poor spark and many misfires or stalling. Replace and regap your plugs down to .024-.028 (you are turbo, right?) and fix your fuel problem. Buy cheap(er) plugs, it'll happen again until you fix it.
Yes I am turboed. Hmm...I started the car again this morning and I let it sit there even after it reached three bars to see what happens if I let it warm up a bit longer. The rpm doesn't drop if I just let it warm a bit longer. Maybe it was because I started driving immediately after the third bar came up? But thanks I'll have the plugs checked out. I was supposed to get it tuned today but the shop's Greddy interface went awol on us. Now I've got to wait till a new arrives at the shop.

Tuner
Old 05-14-2003, 07:43 AM

Someone will have to back me up (or correct me) because I'm not sure about the following point, but I do believe that spark plugs that have been in use for a while (hot, as opposed to those just idling and "heated up" enough to run) will not fire as well in a fouled out condition. I note the same is true when I foul out plugs, that I will be able to start ok, drive around for 20 minutes or more, and stall and not be able to start again for a few minutes until they cool down.

Quick Reply: ECU question