S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

ECU pin layout diagram

Old 08-29-2001, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU pin layout diagram

Does anyone have an S2000 ECU pin layout diagram ?
We are trying to get an S2000 engine running in a kit car (S2000 purists - please dont flame - we think the Honda is a great car, but we happen to find a crashed one and decided to liberate the engine from it!).
There are three sockets on the ecu - two come from the engine harness, and the third (I assume) goes to the dashboard harness (which we dont have, hence the need for the pin-out diagram)
There is also a bunch of wires coming from the engine harness, terminating in a light blue, 'female' multi-pin connector. Any ideas as to where this connects (probably up to the dashboard harness?)
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AFAIK, The wiring is intertwined- there isn't a "two go here" and "one goes there" approach to their wiring. A factory service manual will have all the info you need, email/PM me if you need a scan of it.

To use the factory ECU you will need the immobilizer unit that's strapped to the steering column (uses a radio-based coded key). You don't need the original key though you will need one of the $100 Honda keys to go with it (programmed into it). The ECU may also be bothered by the fact that the electric power steering isn't installed, though I'm not sure how it interfaces with the computer (it may not). Other than that, I can't think of any "caveats" you may run into.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:55 AM

Any photos and info on your kit project would be really nice to see! Always fun to see what is being done with S2000 related stuff. Also, if you get the Engine running and have any details on how you hooked things up I'd like to know. Eventually I'd like to use an F20C in an Airplane and would need to do similar work to run it outside of the car.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:50 AM

Here are a couple of photos (more to follow on my website when the car is up and running!).

I think we will have to junk the Honda ECU as we dont have the Immobiliser ECU (under the steering column) or keys (and the breakers yard seem reluctant to sell them to us?!!?).

Has anyone any experience of fitting aftermarket Engine Management Systems to VTEC engines (especially the S2000 engine)??? I was looking at the DTA system and Weber Alpha which are both fully mappable. Whether they will interface to the Honda bit and pieces (injectors, coils, etc.) is the big question.

There also seems to be a large number of sensors and control
valves all over the engine which I am not sure if we can disregard or whether they are actually needed for the engine to run (I am assuming they are for emissions controls, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2001, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could try asking:

Option Motorsport

They're based near Silverstone. They have a great reputation for dealing with Honda's and a very helpful. If there is a solution there's a good chance they'll put you onto it.

Or maybe try:

Omatic

Omatic are building 'Caterfield' style cars like your homebuild - their top engine option is the S2000's.

-Brian.
Old 08-30-2001, 12:09 PM

Why not try the Mugen ECU?
Old 08-30-2001, 02:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S2000 purist? HA! Not if the F20C is dropped in a 7! =D

I hope you find the information you need soon. I'd like to hear your impressions.