S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

dyno numbers finally in

Old 01-05-2005, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno numbers finally in

finally, i have my numbers. first, the sheet:

the mods that may affect the above:
Comptech Supercharger with Aftercooler
Comptech Stainless Steel Exhaust
Toda Racing Header
Spearco Aftercooler Radiator
VTEC Air Flow Converter

and a video of two of the runs. the sound didn't come out near as nice as in person, partly cuz i think i was overwhelming the camera's mic with some serious volume. both my wife and shawn (ultimate lurker) who tuned my baby had their ears plugged. i, however, was enjoying myself.

right click ... save as...
http://www.killer-f20c.com/docs/video.wmv

on the first run of the dyno, shawn backed off at 6000rpm after he saw i was running super lean and added some fuel before getting my baseline. this proved my theory that my CEL was coming on cuz i was way too lean. i'm glad i finally confirmed that little ghost.

it also looks like i need to tighten my belt a touch more since i was peaking at 6.45psi where we saw others were getting a bit more from the same setup, so i may still have another 5 or 10 hp to gain there.

otherwise, i'm content (definitely not estatic, however) with my numbers. and although there were minimal gains for peak power, i do enjoy a nice extra amount of torque in the middle where he adjusted the vtec engagement to 5500.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice numbers! Congrats
Old 01-05-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wortham,Jan 5 2005, 04:02 AM

Spearco Aftercooler Radiator

Heh. I see you finally bit the bullet.

Glad you were finally able to get the bad boy tuned.

My $.02: get a lighter, freer-flowing exhaust. That should free up some more ponies for u...
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 AM
dut

- should have matched with a comptech header...
Old 01-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by wortham,Jan 5 2005, 02:02 AM
and a video of two of the runs. the sound didn't come out near as nice as in person, partly cuz i think i was overwhelming the camera's mic with some serious volume. both my wife and shawn (ultimate lurker) who tuned my baby had their ears plugged. i, however, was enjoying myself. smile.gif
Even after saying that the sound produced by the car was great. Impressed with the numbers. As mentioned before an exhaust would free up some more ponies. Good luck finding an exhaust there are so many out there that its hard to make up your mind. LOL, happy shopping.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:57 AM

Very nice, damn I need to tune mine. How come it says "flywheel HP" on top of the dyno plot?

Why do you think he needs a new exhaust? The Comptech exhaust dosent flow enough?

BTW what injectors are you running?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:54 PM

just stock injectors. everything you see in the first post is everything on the car that's not stock that would conceivably create power.

as far as a new exhaust, i err on the side of form over proformance since the car is being used for show and not for track. it's sound and look that made me go comptech; i just didn't want a sweet looking, intimidating monster that couldn't hold her own on the road. that's why i stopped where i did with engine work. please, people, don't get me started under there again. the wife already makes me sleep on the couch every time i show her how much has gone into the car.

as far as why it says flywheel hp, i don't know. it also says vortech which is wrong as well. when i saw that, i asked shawn if that was hp at the wheel, and he said yes, so i think it was just a matter of changing text in the program.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:12 PM

wortham, on the red lines (pretune) was your VTEC engagement point stock?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by l8brakr,Jan 5 2005, 04:12 PM
wortham, on the red lines (pretune) was your VTEC engagement point stock?
right. the only tuning that had been done before that baseline was a little more fuel added to the mixture since i was running too lean for him to continue the dyno.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by wortham,Jan 5 2005, 05:54 PM
just stock injectors. everything you see in the first post is everything on the car that's not stock that would conceivably create power.
Thats what I wanted to know. I am going to tune mine with an Emanage with the stock injectors, hoping to pull similar numbers to yours. I dont want to go to larger injectors since thats when idle problems seem to start.
I wasnt sure if I could because Wael, mentioned that 300hp is max for stock inj.

Looks good, but do you happen to have injector duty cycles? Are they maxed?

Quick Reply: dyno numbers finally in