S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Dyno my S2K at 187 whp 127 tq

Old 10-23-2005, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I dynoed in DFW in my 01 model before I traded for the 02' and I had dynoed 201whp during march when it was getting warm. My torque was around 134-136wtq and the car was bone stock, sounds like something may be wrong or just different dyno, day, etc etc. I havent dynoed my 02' yet but will soon. There was a "mod" done to the 01' which was an 02-03 ECU swap but thats all.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The type of dynomometer is important to note as well. Certain types (e.g. Dynopack) report lower values than the more typical Dynojet. Also, dyno runs done on different days on different machines are not comparable to eash other. The best way to do comparisons is to run a bunch of cars on the same machine at the same time. So, if I do 3 puls on a dyno down here in Ft. Lauderdale on a Dynojet and average 197 hp and my buddy does the same thing and averages 210 hp, his car is stronger than mine. But we can't compare our numbers to yours with as much certainty.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:12 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd say there's a 5% chance there's something "wrong" with your car, and a 95% chance that it's simply the conditions/method of the dyno.

And even so, is 13rwhp really enough to make you "hate" your car?

Anyway, where did you go for the dyno?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if i took my car to Honda and get them to give me back my 15 missing horses through warranty. What do u guys think? because 187 is very very slow. I can feel my car accelerating very slugish, so slow a toyota prius probably can smoke me.

EDit: How much does it cost to get COmpression test? Would changing map sensor help? My car kinda shake once in a while during ide like its going to die.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Elistan,Oct 23 2005, 06:12 AM
I'd say there's a 5% chance there's something "wrong" with your car, and a 95% chance that it's simply the conditions/method of the dyno.

And even so, is 13rwhp really enough to make you "hate" your car?

Anyway, where did you go for the dyno?
Intercrew off walnut and first street.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by XLeezardx,Oct 23 2005, 08:14 AM
What if i took my car to Honda and get them to give me back my 15 missing horses through warranty. What do u guys think? because 187 is very very slow. I can feel my car accelerating very slugish, so slow a toyota prius probably can smoke me.

EDit: How much does it cost to get COmpression test? Would changing map sensor help? My car kinda shake once in a while during ide like its going to die.
You are still basing this off the fact that something is wrong with your car, and you seem to not be heeding the advice people are giving.

First, WHAT KIND OF DYNO IS IT? If this was a mustang dyno, then the numbers don't surprise me at all.

Secondly, did they use the appropriate correction factor?

Thirdly, it sounds like they don't exactly know what they're doing, considering lack of fan, and other things you've said.

So before you get all huffy about your "slower than a prius" car, maybe you need to try a dyno shop that's more on the ball, and answer some of our questions!

And the occasional "idle shake die" thing is normal.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:04 AM

Hey winsconsin whats up, Thanks for replying. I dont know what kind of dyno Machine they used. Its a performance shop and they dyno alot of riced out civics and ect. The guy who dynoed my car did not seem like he knew to much. I asked him about a Fan in front, he replied "we dont use fans unless your dyno tuning for a long period of time. The room i was in was as small as a garage and fits only one car. my Car was facing the opened garage door. AFter my car was cooled down for 20 minutes, they sprayed my manifold with water before they did the run. They even told me some people put ice bags on the manifold. I told them "naw i want to natually see what my wrhp was". They did all 3 runs in third gear pull. First one was 187, second was 185, and third was 183 wrhp. Weather outside was sunny and warm.

My car is a 2002 bone stock with 31,000 miles on it. I have a cheap "super Duty" battery installed. I used to have an AEM V2 intake but i uninstalled it back to stock. My car had the Hardtop on during the Dyno. My clutch engages very very high but never slips. When i first got my car i burned the clutch a few times.

It seems that i lost about 15-20 horse power. Depressed man... But then again, maybee there Dyno was a Piece of Sh1t. Im going to try another Dyno facility and if i dont get at least 195 im sellling this car.

I did not ask them about the correction factor, it was my first dyno ever so i didnt really knwo what to look for. Ill call them tomorrow and ask them what kind of Dyno they used.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:25 AM

yeah could be a mustang dyno.

or you could have been suffering from the heat, so your ECU was pulling timing. etc. or their dyno just reads low. no two dynos are the same.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:12 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Go to a real shop in DFW like 21st century musclecars in Carrollton or LG Motorsports in Wylie. They're domestic shops, but at least they have good Dynojets and big fans, etc.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:28 PM

Aww - just sell it since it doesn't rate the 2000000000 Hp....

Quick Reply: Dyno my S2K at 187 whp 127 tq