S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

dropping off my car tonight to have the tsb-054 done

Old 11-05-2003, 04:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dropping off my car tonight to have the tsb-054 done

dropping off my car tonight to have the tsb-054 done and the dealer says two days..

any reccomendations

should i leave a copy of the tsb in the car?? a buddy has my helms or i would leave that..

maybe tranny fluid??

maybe twenty bucks for the tech??

Thanks for the advice
Old 11-05-2003, 04:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They have the documentation and may or may not read it, don't need more. The trans lube will not be touched. I would withhold any tip until you see what you get. Not much you can do but be lucky (however that is done).
Old 11-05-2003, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bass
maybe twenty bucks for the tech??
That's funny

But it couldn't hurt
Old 11-05-2003, 12:51 PM

Find out which tech is performing the service then tip him BEFORE he performs the service.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Porsche951
Find out which tech is performing the service then tip him BEFORE he performs the service.
I've found it makes no difference.. the solid professionals take pride in doing good work and the hacks do crappy work, and flashing geen does not change who they are or how they perform.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:05 PM

How would you feel if you tipped before the service and they still messed something up?

Just had that TSB done on my car last week at Madison Honda, dropped the car off Friday AM and and got it back the following Tuesday. The clutch work was perfect, but they didn't re-tighten the steering linkage properly so I had some rotational play in the steering wheel after the TSB. Car goes back in tomorrow to have the play removed, as it's unacceptable. And my clutch is now silent on deceleration, so nice.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:22 PM

I brought my car in took them 24 hours. They drove the car with me in it acknowledged the decelerating issue, said it would be covered as a TSB. Brought the car in promised they would have it ready by the end of the day but oddly enough since they werent getting paid by me but instead by apparently Honda Canada they did a couple of oddessey's and accords before my car. Picked her up next morning 8am. Center console was loose (not clicked into place), shift knob was not set properly, specs of blood on the console as if one of them had cut their hand. Other than that she rides fine now. But I have to take it in again as they say the main bearing shaft or something of that nature is prematurely wearing down due to the previous owners driving. The part had to be ordered in, they are taking care of that issue under warranty as well and doing a re and re on the fluids.

Your always going to have a few problems dont expect it to be great. Just if there is one when the car comes back out just complain. I made a fuss in the waiting area infront of everyone. They heard I drove an s2000, people respect that work needs to be done correctly.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:49 PM

I had this TSB done on my car.
I bought 2 sheet pizzas for everyone in the garage the day they did my car. They were ecstatic. They were all so happy.

It turned out to work out in my favor because once they got into the trany they found out that the flywheel and throwout bearings were bad and also needed to be replaced. They had already oked it with their Honda regional manager and ordered the parts before they called and told me there was a problem.

They didn't have to replace the flywheel and throwout bearing but they did anyway. I believe it was because of the pizza
$40 saved me over a $1000
Old 11-06-2003, 02:53 PM

The problem never came back. However I did have one little issue that I found is fairly common after people had this TSB done. If you have a problem with the check engine light coming on after you get the car back PM me and I will tell you how to fix it.

EDIT: I thought I would add a link to my thread about the problem. http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=134006
Old 11-06-2003, 05:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bass

Quick Reply: dropping off my car tonight to have the tsb-054 done