S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Driver window Auto Roll down function doesn't work.

Old 04-03-2001, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RT
what?
It's a dual stage switch. The first stage will roll the window down until you release it. You press harder and you get to the second stage and that is the auto down mode.

Lance
Old 04-03-2001, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by lanbrown
Originally posted by RT
what?
It's a dual stage switch. The first stage will roll the window down until you release it. You press harder and you get to the second stage and that is the auto down mode.

Lance
Lance,

I take it your are a newbie...

The problem with the window lies in the auto-down part, the 2nd stage you refer to...

If you press down hard on the button to activate the auto-down and the release the button, the window which SHOULD continue down will stop...

Its a fairly common problem here. Since the top uses the auto down feature, if you unlatch your top and press the ROOF button, the top retracts, the passenger window retracts, but the driver side window will drop and inch or so and stop...

Sev,

I've talked to my dealer and he doesn't feel its worth doing until an update part is released, because the same problem would likely occur again.

But, I never thought about the window actually quitting... that could be bad...
Old 04-03-2001, 01:13 PM
Sev

Originally posted by S2K_CLS
Originally posted by lanbrown
Originally posted by RT
what?

Lance
Lance,

I take it your are a newbie...

The problem with the window lies in the auto-down part, the 2nd stage you refer to...

If you press down hard on the button to activate the auto-down and the release the button, the window which SHOULD continue down will stop...

Its a fairly common problem here. Since the top uses the auto down feature, if you unlatch your top and press the ROOF button, the top retracts, the passenger window retracts, but the driver side window will drop and inch or so and stop...

Sev,

I've talked to my dealer and he doesn't feel its worth doing until an update part is released, because the same problem would likely occur again.

But, I never thought about the window actually quitting... that could be bad...

Thanks, those are my thoughts exactly.
Old 04-03-2001, 01:51 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Don't think there is any correlation to the motor quitting altogether.

According to woodworks post that I quoted, the part has been updated.
Is that not what you're getting out of it?
Old 04-03-2001, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by RT
Don't think there is any correlation to the motor quitting altogether.

According to woodworks post that I quoted, the part has been updated.
Is that not what you're getting out of it?
My dealer says no new part... Don't suppose you have an old and new part number so I can argue with em, do you?

they seem to generally be good with things (gave me new clutch because I mentioned new part # and my noise, before TSB054 was released)...

They wouldn't have any problem if I have an update part #
Old 04-03-2001, 02:17 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Don't know that there is a new part number, just a problem resolved.
If they had a problem with a vendor and that problem was resolved, I not sure a new part number would be issued (part number and BOM good, execution bad). Drawing may get a higher rev level with a note "do not use POS vendor any more!" (form, fit, function same, just need to lower rejection rate). Maybe?

Actually been wondering if mine will fail again since the unit they used as a replacement in my car was borrowed from a new car on the lot and a new (maybe revised) unit ordered for the donor car. Hope I didn't get a pre-revised unit in the shuffle
Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM

sorry to revive this thread 12 years later but my 05' has this issue. This was the first thread that popped up when i googled(excuse my lazieness) is there a cheap fix for this now, im out of warranty but would like it if my window would go all the way down when i put the top down. thanks for any help.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Holy dead thread revival, batman! *sigh* definitely on the list of no-nos in this forum

I flipped a coin: heads we close it, tails we move it to Under the Hood. It came up tails.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:05 PM

holy moly, just found this. this is a crap load of work just to get the drivers side window to go all the way down with the top. why oh why... does it have to be this way

https://www.s2ki.com/home/2010/08/19...egulatormotor/