S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Does suzuka blue color match if a fender is painted..or do i have to blend the paint

Old 05-14-2003, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does suzuka blue color match if a fender is painted..or do i have to blend the paint

i know this is the wrong forum..but anyone please help...whats up people....well here is my prob...i have a 03 suzuka blue s2k...my boss backed into the car and damaged the fender only.....from anyones past experience, can i just paint the fender....or do i have to blend into the hood,door, rocker panel and front bumpeR? please help..iam going crazy
Old 05-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know the answer, but I'm curious what you did with your boss's body?
Old 05-14-2003, 11:54 AM

hahah.....he somewhere on atlantic ocean
Old 05-14-2003, 01:12 PM

It depends on how bad the fender is...if you need to get a whole new fender, then, yes they will have to blend in the color. They'll probably have to paint the front bumper, hood, maybe even the door. Suzuka is a very hard color to match properly. As long as your taking it to a reputable body shop, though, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:28 PM

... and I'll just add to what Driftntouge said. If the fender can be repaired, then they can just repaint the damaged area and reclearcoat the entire fender. But, if this damaged area is real close to another panel, then they will still have to blend on to the other panel, even if the fender can be repaired. Only the parts of the other panels necessary to blend the paint will be repainted, but any panel that has to be in the least bit repainted will have to be entirely reclearcoated.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you repaint something metallic, you'll always see the difference between the original and the newly painted area. My body repair guy explained that weather either corrodes or oxidizes the factory clearcoat and sometimes paint. In other words, it alters the original paint. My advice is to mix the paint. Good Luck!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup... I have a small rock chip on top of my fender (driver side). They quoted me like $700 to fix it cuz they wanted to blend the hood, door, and bumper w/ it. So I said screw it....
Old 05-15-2003, 11:53 AM

well guys....i spoke to mike at team spugen...and he also has a suzuka blue s2k..and he said that even when he does send out painted lips...that the color is ok....but even if everyone see's the factory bumper dosent even match the hood or fender...
ill let every one know how it turns out
thanx
Old 05-15-2003, 01:08 PM

I have painted many(too many) parts on my suzuka and you can get a close match in daylight. Unfortunately under fluorescent light you can see the difference. This also includes the factory bumpers and the plastic pieces on the trunk lid.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:40 PM

well rateds2k...thanx for the info....your 110 percent tru...in the day light everything looks good factory...but under any kind of light except sun...you see that the bumper,mirror and other stuff dont match up...hopefully the shop makes a couple of spray out cards for my color and matches it up good..
thanx...do u have any pics of your car?

Quick Reply: Does suzuka blue color match if a fender is painted..or do i have to blend the paint