S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Does anyone else have a problem heel/toeing?

Old 06-30-2003, 07:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Does anyone else have a problem heel/toeing?

I have a really hard time trying to heel/toe while downshifting because my knee hits the steering wheel. Do think lowering the seat will effect this?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After practice, I still prefer rolling your foot instead of heel toeing. ( Is that a word?)

Many race car drivers learned the heel toe and still use it which does put your leg sometimes at an awkward angle.

I have always rolled my foot over and am quite good at it. I can slam hard into a corner and still "blip" the gas effortlessly and precisely when matching revs.

Under heavy braking and gassing the left side of your right foot would be pressing the right side of the brake pedal then you simply roll your foot over to "blip" the gas.

Many of the cars I have owned in the past I have got down and "bent" over the brake or gas pedal so they were closer. Then you could roll your right foot over and punch the gas without the chance of your foot slipping off the brake pedal. But with the S2K, the stock pedal positions were fine as they were.

It works very well and keeps your foot closer to a vertical position ( natural style ) rather than twisted awkwardly.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:59 PM

I agree with rolling the foot. I drive in Saucony shoes and they are wide enough to hit both the gas and brake at the same time when I want to heel-toe. If you cant hit both pedals, try out some sauconys
Old 06-30-2003, 09:39 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

bend the Go pedal to the left ............. you're going to love it
Old 06-30-2003, 10:10 PM

Every racecar driver I have watched through an in-car camera facing the pedals that heel/toes does it by rolling the foot. A lot of this has to do with how tight they are strapped in and how little room there is to manuever their feet, but it's definitely less awkward. I tried using my heel and toe and it was way too awkward. Rolling my foot over works great and is really fun to do now that I've mastered it.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:33 AM

Even the rollover is tough for me in the S2000 b/c of the pedal placement.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:48 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by Ajjra
Even the rollover is tough for me in the S2000 b/c of the pedal placement.
... bend the gas pedal to the left ......
Old 07-01-2003, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by Jeff_S_K
After practice, I still prefer rolling your foot instead of heel toeing. ( Is that a word?)

Many race car drivers learned the heel toe and still use it which does put your leg sometimes at an awkward angle.

I have always rolled my foot over and am quite good at it. I can slam hard into a corner and still "blip" the gas effortlessly and precisely when matching revs.

Under heavy braking and gassing the left side of your right foot would be pressing the right side of the brake pedal then you simply roll your foot over to "blip" the gas.

Many of the cars I have owned in the past I have got down and "bent" over the brake or gas pedal so they were closer. Then you could roll your right foot over and punch the gas without the chance of your foot slipping off the brake pedal. But with the S2K, the stock pedal positions were fine as they were.

It works very well and keeps your foot closer to a vertical position ( natural style ) rather than twisted awkwardly.

I am going to try this when I get my car back, I had been trying to do the heel/toe thing but cause my legs are long and feet are big I had a very difficult time. This looks like a good alternative for us Big Foot people
Old 07-01-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

I do the rollover and quite like it with our pedals. RT - whats tools did you use for bending the pedal? I'm interested.....
Old 07-01-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

You may want to adjust the play on the Throttle cable, mine had way to much from the factory. Much better now.

George

Quick Reply: Does anyone else have a problem heel/toeing?