S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Do you see anything wrong?

Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you see anything wrong?

MY01, just got into an accident whacking both the front and rear wheels. Replaced lower and upper control arms on the front, have yet to replace the sway bar end link-im aware that it's not there.
Wheels are "straight"

Is it normal for the lower arm to be that much lower than the end link? I'm aware I can just jack the lower arm up when connecting it, but is that normal?
What do you guys think?
Thank you.

EDIT:
Rear suspension,

That is the rear suspension camber adjusting bolt that connects to the lower control arm. As you can see the bolt had knocked the....body shim?- not sure what to call it, but that metal piece that holds it in place-flat.
How would I go about fixing this?
Could I unbolt the LCA, bend the shim back, and rebolt it where it was originally? Is the shim replaceable?
Don't really want to go about replacing the entire subframe.
Thanks, again.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am assuming it is only jacked up on that side. If that is the case then yes. Think about it. The end that is on the ground is pushed up because of the weight of the car sitting on that wheel, as the other one is lifted in the air causing the bottom control arm to drop. You see what I am saying? As for the sway bar not being connected to the control arm that might be a problem
Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by _brandon
I am assuming it is only jacked up on that side. If that is the case then yes. Think about it. The end that is on the ground is pushed up because of the weight of the car sitting on that wheel, as the other one is lifted in the air causing the bottom control arm to drop. You see what I am saying? As for the sway bar not being connected to the control arm that might be a problem
I've actually never thought of that, thanks! That makes a lot of sense. How about the rubber boot for the steering rack?
I've also updated the main post, with another problem.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as its not busted wouldnt see it being a problem. Just get the sway bar link and possibly lower control arm (roughly 300$ from majestic, dealer is like 400$.. No there really isnt anything aftermarket thats cheaper besides salvage). Been there done that.. Had to get a new ball joint, lower control arm, and sway bar link. Snapped the control arm and the link. I cant really tell if you need it because it looks like the threads just snapped off.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Yeah, I guess it'd be best to replace it. Thanks for the input!