S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

DIY: Replace dash light bulbs (AP1)

Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TruBluS2k
Awesome. Glad it got archived. Good catch, TruBlu...

I almost got mad that someone was claiming this as their own until I saw the credit at the bottom... tho it'd still be nice for it to be right up at the top

I've updated the original post with the original content.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to thank the OP and all who participated in this thread. I replaced my start button bulb using the pics and torque specs and it worked out beautifully! I even had the problem of not getting the dash to sit flush and realized that it was mentioned that one of the tabs could bend out of the way and sure enough on the top right one had. Thanks all!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, would it be plausible for all your bulbs to burn out at once?

After starting my car the other night, all bulbs appeared to be working fine. (minus the start button, I had no Idea it was supposed to light up until I saw this thread)

Then as I drove the first few meters, the dash lights flickered and all went out. Also, the brightness control on my cluster appears not to work as well!

Is this a bulb problem or something else!?

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like something else. It's VERY unlikely that all bulbs would go at once and points to a different electrical problem, maybe fuse related.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 PM

I also just posted my own thread about replacing the template using Qubes engineering template. Recommend using a brighter led replace mention for the rpm and speedometer readout. Ordering those LEDs will post up my results!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:15 PM

This is a repost of what I just posted on my topic but showing you guys the difference in switching out the speedo's bulbs with 50% bright led ones!

Did receive my led 74 wedge bulbs today fior my speedo. They are suppose to be 50% brighter than stock. The reasoning, when I installed the Qube engineering template. The cluster faded out under direct sunlight or even with the top up was hard to see during the day. But these bulbs made a big difference. I did order sone type A T3 bulbs for the other components such a the cruise control button, defroster, roof, etc. But they sent me the wrong type. They sent me type B T4 bulbs. I already contacted my vendor so hopefully I will get these switched out for the correct size in blue.

As you'll see here that the super white bulbs I ordered are really bright! This is with the top down and outside! Lol can't wait to see how it looks like at night!

As you see here it's clearly obvious the new type B bulb won't work anywhere on our cars. I tried to find any bulbs I could possibly utilized the with. Even with my wife's Nissan. But no winner.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Also for those that not have the service manual and wonder how many bulbs make up the Guage cluster. Here is a diagram out of my service manual:
Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lovenpain
Also for those that not have the service manual and wonder how many bulbs make up the Guage cluster. Here is a diagram out of my service manual:
Can someone tell me the part numbers for these replacement light bulbs? Is there a difference between AP1 and AP2
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 PM

The first page of this topics should give you those part numbers. As in difference, I can't actually answer that. I sure they both share the same bulbs, but as in configuration they are different. What bulbs are you wanting to replace? Don't buy Honda oem bulbs! You will pay way too much!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lovenpain
The first page of this topics should give you those part numbers. As in difference, I can't actually answer that. I sure they both share the same bulbs, but as in configuration they are different. What bulbs are you wanting to replace? Don't buy Honda oem bulbs! You will pay way too much!
I want to replace the Gauge Light bulb, the part number isn't listed.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/891...hting-problem/

Quick Reply: DIY: Replace dash light bulbs (AP1)