S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

DIY: Cusco 6pt Rollcage Installation

Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You cant open the center console (golvebox thingy) all the way, I put extra padding on the bottom of the seat. The shoulders clear fine for the doors. I actually have extra room. I think I will be moving the seats over once I get them in for a permanant fix. I have my uncles sparco in right now. I just got mine yesterday ( good deal on two for 750 courteousy of Ebay) I dont track my car either, the only reason I want a bar is to put my harnesses in. I have been instructed there is no other way to put harnesses in the car. I will never be trackin my car, but occasionally I will auto X it. Thats about it.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:28 AM

wazzurp, please don't take this as a flame, because I absolutly don't mean it that way. I am just wondering why all this added cost and inconvenience of a racing seat/harness/cage if it is not for track use? Soudns like you are over building it. Are you going for the hard core racer look? IMO, the tons of money spent on this stuff could almost get you a supercharger or a ton of other mods that suit you.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 AM

I dont know why I did the seats to tell you the truth. One day I took my stock seats out and sold them on ebay and then I got the Sparcos for a good deal. I wanted to get my seats lower for one but that could have been acheived. I was also under the impression that a rollbar was needed for Auto Xing in a convertible but then I found out that I was wrong about that. So instead of doing the whole rollbar thingy, I need to find a way to put harnesses in without the rollbar. I wont be able to run harnesses while Auto Xing without a rollbar though correct. I dont want a supercharger. I looked at times from Mid-Ohio and a couple of supercharged cars were overpowered for the track ( they couldnt really get on it) I think they were running less than a half of second faster) lap times.

I also forgot to add that I am stupid and just turned 22.

I guess the main reason I got the Sparcos was for comfort. After going through HPDE driving school at Mid-Ohio, I realized that the stock TSX seats as well the stock S2000 seats wouldnt cut it for Auto Xing ( I was sliding all over the place) so I guess that is why I got the Sparcos.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:35 AM

Triple-H - Your bar is impressive (not trying to pick you comment, BTW). Who manufactured that and how much did it run?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by wazzurp,Jan 23 2007, 11:34 AM
I dont know why I did the seats to tell you the truth. One day I took my stock seats out and sold them on ebay and then I got the Sparcos for a good deal. I wanted to get my seats lower for one but that could have been acheived. I was also under the impression that a rollbar was needed for Auto Xing in a convertible but then I found out that I was wrong about that. So instead of doing the whole rollbar thingy, I need to find a way to put harnesses in without the rollbar. I wont be able to run harnesses while Auto Xing without a rollbar though correct. I dont want a supercharger. I looked at times from Mid-Ohio and a couple of supercharged cars were overpowered for the track ( they couldnt really get on it) I think they were running less than a half of second faster) lap times.

I guess the main reason I got the Sparcos was for comfort. After going through HPDE driving school at Mid-Ohio, I realized that the stock TSX seats as well the stock S2000 seats wouldnt cut it for Auto Xing ( I was sliding all over the place) so I guess that is why I got the Sparcos.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kchandra,Jan 23 2007, 11:35 AM
Triple-H - Your bar is impressive (not trying to pick you comment, BTW). Who manufactured that and how much did it run?
A cage builder in Vermont, someone who specializes in hill climb cars, you know the ones that fly off the edges of mountains, fall through trees and eventually crash onto the ground. More than $1,000 and less than $2,000...

And thanks, I love it, but then again I was the designer so I'm a bit biased.
I just love this view.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:30 AM

There's a sharpie on your trunk.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:49 AM

^ All part of the joys of fabrication...
Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 AM

Triple-H - Is it a bolt-in or weld-in cage? More specs would help a lot, sir! Thanks!

PS - you describing VTCars?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:11 AM

kchandra, I'm not trying to be difficult but as far as specs are concerned- it fits under the HT and the soft-top, you can go out and measure your own car as I don't have specs other than it was made out of drawn over mandrel and painted black, the fit is so close to the tops that the paint has worn on the bar from the chaffing.

Bolted into position with huge plates piece by piece, then once all together and fitment was perfect it was welded into one single structure and then welded to the frame and unibody.

This bar was done back in july and august of 2002, that's like what 4.5 years ago.

Quick Reply: DIY: Cusco 6pt Rollcage Installation