S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

DIY: Clutch Interlock Switch Bypass

Old 08-07-2008, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it's very clear now! Thanks guys!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by damuho,Aug 8 2008, 02:07 AM
Yes, it's very clear now! Thanks guys!
Now that you know how things work, is it clear to you that this mod won't do anything to prolong the longevity of your crank? Because it won't. If it did, everyone with a aftermarket pressure plate would do it. I wonder why no one does?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by spectacle,Aug 8 2008, 01:46 PM
Now that you know how things work, is it clear to you that this mod won't do anything to prolong the longevity of your crank? Because it won't. If it did, everyone with a aftermarket pressure plate would do it. I wonder why no one does?
You're still on your mission here eh? Maybe just let it go and allow people to make up their minds unless you're going to say something new, or bring new info to the table.

Your point was made, now let it go.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by spectacle,Aug 8 2008, 11:46 AM
The merit of doing this mod was already clear to me with the OP's reply to my first question and 03AP1's post with the exploded view of the crank. What is clear now is my understanding of how the flywheel, clutch disc and pressure plate are put together. I'm enlightened and thankful!

Will I do the mod? No.

1. I have owned the car for only a month and I'm loving it! I will totally lose it if my wife or anyone in my household starts the modded car in gear and damages it even a tiny bit.

2. I agree with 03AP1 that (maybe!) the starter will have an easier job with a disengaged clutch.

3. I think what I gain with my stock pressure plate is small.

But that's me...

Now if there is a shifter-is-in-neutral switch to replace the clutch interlock, I'm in!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Aug 6 2008, 06:06 PM
This is my favorite idea, I'd like to have a button that gets pushed initially with a 3 second window in which the press the Engine Start button. Even cooler would be to have a nice green LED that is on only when the 3 second window is open.

Start procedure:

Pre-start button (clutch interlock)
Green light on
Engine start before light goes out or another pre-start press is required.

I dig it, even just for its coolness
The COOLEST idea would be for your speedo to count backwards from 3. Upon reaching 0, then a fancy green LED would light up signifying that you could start your car. That would be complete pimpness!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spectacle,Aug 7 2008, 01:05 PM
I bet all you doing this think there are WMD's in Iraq too.
This is off subject - but I want to address this comment. I didn't even see what this PITA posted until a friend pointed it out.

Spectacle: if you are on active duty, you should know that impugning the President or his administration is an offence punishable by Courts Martial.
While you're not required to agree with the policies or orders put forth by the chain of command - you must follow the orders, abide by the policies, and you may not openly impugn, belittle, or disrespect those appointed over you or the policies set forth by them.
Your sarcastic quip is tantamount to several violations of the UCMJ - and you WILL cease and desist posting such material and remove that post.
Keep the political crap out of my post, grow the hell up, and don't post here unless you have something useful to say.

And now back to our regularly scheduled post...
Old 08-08-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 03AP1,Aug 8 2008, 06:27 PM
The COOLEST idea would be for your speedo to count backwards from 3. Upon reaching 0, then a fancy green LED would light up signifying that you could start your car. That would be complete pimpness!
Umm, while pimp, that would be pointless. The idea was to have another switch to press so that someone did not inadvertantly press the button with the car in gear and have it move and hit something. The three second deal was so that you would not have to hold the secondary switch while pressing the start button.

I do, however applaud your imagination.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by slipstream444,Aug 8 2008, 08:12 PM
This is off subject - but I want to address this comment. I didn't even see what this PITA posted until a friend pointed it out.

Spectacle: if you are on active duty, you should know that impugning the President or his administration is an offence punishable by Courts Martial.
While you're not required to agree with the policies or orders put forth by the chain of command - you must follow the orders, abide by the policies, and you may not openly impugn, belittle, or disrespect those appointed over you or the policies set forth by them.
Your sarcastic quip is tantamount to several violations of the UCMJ - and you WILL cease and desist posting such material and remove that post.
Keep the political crap out of my post, grow the hell up, and don't post here unless you have something useful to say.

And now back to our regularly scheduled post...
I cannot stop laughing over here. You sir, have made this the most entertaining week I have ever had of posting on the internet. I never knew being a dick could be so much fun. Now you're giving me ORDERS!!!!! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The UCMJ??? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAH

Way to take it there buddy. Way to take it there. But again, thanks for the laugh.

Please proscute me to the fullest extent of the law. LOL
Old 08-08-2008, 06:56 PM

^ its ok slipstream, i bet he just found the site that makes those signatures and made one that looked cool. No respect. None, and very little intelligence. Sad, but if he was indeed the rank of Staff Sgt, he would display some understanding of either respect or technical savvy.

Spectacle, if you are an armed forces member, the least you can do is pretend do have some decency if you are displaying some kind of association to the military. Find some professionalism.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM

"He started it bro."

lol

Quick Reply: DIY: Clutch Interlock Switch Bypass