S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

DIY Brake Fluid Bleed Help

Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Brake Fluid Bleed Help

Got air in my brake lines. I wasn't watching the brake fluid reservoir level when I was slamming on the brake to bleed the line. Or maybe I messed up somewhere else.
I was changing out the callipers and brakes when bleeding this brake fluid. Which line was I suppose to loosen to let the brake fluid drips?
Anyone has any detail instructions on this subject?
Also, does the hole in the brake line have to line up with the hole in the screw when tightening them together?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by just1guy,Apr 19 2008, 07:34 PM
Got air in my brake lines. I wasn't watching the brake fluid reservoir level when I was slamming on the brake to bleed the line. Or maybe I messed up somewhere else.
I was changing out the callipers and brakes when bleeding this brake fluid. Which line was I suppose to loosen to let the brake fluid drips?
Anyone has any detail instructions on this subject?
Also, does the hole in the brake line have to line up with the hole in the screw when tightening them together?
Thanks in advance.
Brake failure is very dangerious and it could very well kill you, you dont sound like you know what you are doing.

it doesn't matter, you need to bleed all the air out in the lines. do you have a oem caliper or something else? BBK require different bleeding technique since some have two bleeding valve. the brake line should line up with the caliper if that's what you saying, there should be ring/gasket in there if you have a bbk. make sure you use a proper wrench, reqular wrench will mess up the nut very easily.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Got air out of the brake lines early this morning. Had to open the bleeder and pump on the brake to let the fluid pass into the new calipers and spill out. Did per wheel clockwise starting with front driver. Couldn't do the gravity method since there was no fluid in the calipers. But nontheless, brake feels less sensitive than before. I like the less firmer touch.
If anyone want help bleeding the brake fluids, I'll post a DIY with pics upon request.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:48 PM

thing is you should have someone helping you. once pedal is pressed to floor, the other person needs to tighten the "nipple" that way its not sucking air back into line
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by just1guy,Apr 20 2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. Got air out of the brake lines early this morning. Had to open the bleeder and pump on the brake to let the fluid pass into the new calipers and spill out. Did per wheel clockwise starting with front driver. Couldn't do the gravity method since there was no fluid in the calipers. But nontheless, brake feels less sensitive than before. I like the less firmer touch.
If anyone want help bleeding the brake fluids, I'll post a DIY with pics upon request.
it's common for air to be still in the line after a flush, that's most people rebleed the brake couple days after they flush it. the pedal firmness has something to do with the piston surface area vs the MC's volume, assuming you have a bbk