S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

direct port nitrous install on na

Old 01-20-2004, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default direct port nitrous install on na

i was wondering if anyone can tell me all the parts needed to install a directport nitrous system in an na motor....cuz i keep seeing f/i cars runnin this, but they already have fuel pump, ems, etc....
here are my few questions:
1) bigger fuel pump?
2) fuel pressure reg?
3) timming (how to retard)??
4) which plugs to use?
im planning to do an 80 to 100 shot in my car, but want to do it properly...
your help is greatly appreciated...
thank you
pinyo...
Old 01-20-2004, 10:30 AM

I have the same setup: you need an upgraded fuel pump from Walbro (255lph), you can use your stock injectors since you are injecting fuel through your direct port anyway (hence the need for an upgraded fuel pump), use a spark plug one step colder (Denso Iridium IK24s works fine gapped at 30 thousandths), no need for a fuel pressure regulator but you should add a gauge to verify you have adequate fuel pressure (45psi minimum), retard the timing 5 degrees and work your way forward (you can use greddy emanage or similar ECM to do this, also use a window switch from MSD to verify you are not injecting nitrous as the rev limiter kicks in (9200 rpm or so). Also you want to be using a higher octance rating with that much nitrous (100 octane with 80 shots and maybe 106 octance with 100 shots). Good Luck on you install.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:11 PM

thank you blues2k3....
about the timming issue...the only way to retard timming is to use an aftermarket ecm???
what are you using????
Old 01-20-2004, 06:17 PM

profpin,

considering that the S utilizes individual coils you would need to use an aftermarket ECM to control the timing. MSD does have units that are more basic units, but they will not work well with the individual coils, hence the need for the ECM. I use the Greddy Emanage unit with the injector and ignition harness. Also, if you are choosing to go as high as 100 shots you should also consider a progressive delivery system. Both NX and NOS have units that you could control the nitrous delivery levels at set rpms and the percentage of nitrous being injected. 100 shots at once is outrageous, remember it will probably be delivering 115rwhp. Even at 80 shots going into third gear I constantly broke loose. Be careful and ask a lot of questions and do your homework. Nitrous is very effective and efficient if used properly, you will be delighted with the results.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:18 PM

thanks blues.....
im def. doing my homework before i go and purchase the set up... again, THANKS for your help....
pinyo
Old 01-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blues2k3
Old 01-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that is 115 BDHP (Butt Dyno)
Old 01-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by krazik
I think that is 115 BDHP (Butt Dyno)
Ahhh I see. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get mine calibrated. Do you know a place?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:44 PM

in most wet application you will notice the number of shots is usually under-rated with respects to wheel horsepower. The S is my fifth car on nitrous and with each case the dyno results were higher than the shot amount. This also was dependent on purging the system and the bottle pressure. With the ideal numbers and higher octane fuel the results were higher than the shot indicated. Its similar to a turbo, dependent on the tuning the hp could range higher than indicated by the manufacture without increasing boost pressure, similiar with the nitrous. Right plug, right fuel, right retard, right bottle pressure, right temp....NX is actually notorious to under-rate their jets which has cause some controversy between Holley and in recent years it seems they too have begun to do the same. But Ludedude, you are absolutely correct the shot is to indicate the whp in an ideal application.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:47 AM

I have been told 100 shot of nos is not good for the F20C

Quick Reply: direct port nitrous install on na