S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Dipping Revs and Hesitating On The Move PLZ HELP!

Old 03-12-2014, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAP sensor... NOPE!

Going to have a go at Murd0x suggestion now!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeHudson
MAP sensor... NOPE!

Going to have a go at Murd0x suggestion now!
Honestly your symptoms are something that is fairly common with this car and I believe that the people who do the items on that list, 9/10 of them solve their problem.
Best of luck.

Make sure you clean the IAC the correct way. I think this involves taking out the valve mechanism and cleaning it separately. If you just spray carb cleaner/whatever in there it dissolves the junk and moves behind the valve where it re-crystallizes and you get the same issue in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM

NEWS FLASH

IAC valve removed cleaned and put back on.

Just taken it for a 1 HOUR test drive. Didn't hesitate once. Revs sounded a tiny bit wobbly at idle once or twice.

Arriving home and parking the car the revs DID dip right down while I was nudging it about positioning it on the drive way. The drive way is a really uneven surface though not sure if that would have an effect?

Either way, letting the car cool down for half an hour and I'm going to take it out again.

PROBLEM POTENTIALLY SOLVED. Will report back shortly.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

hope you read the proper way of cleaning it.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 AM

NEWS FLASH - PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.

After cleaning the IAC and resetting the ECU, it drove perfectly for about 1 and a half hours and the symptoms have returned. Not happy

Starting to give me a real real head ache now
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you put some kind of intake tube and filter on or is it still just a filter clamped to throttle body?

If you just made something can you take a picture of what you have?

I would stress to first get some kind of intake tube on the car that was made by some pro's K&N or OEM whatever. Then step by step move on. There was a few people that had obvious issues with your air filter mod or whatever you want to call it.
Heat soak was mentioned and seems to me as your car warms up it craps out.

It would be safe to say you have more than one problem looking at the picture you provided. So take your time.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Like I said cleaving doesn't really help. Gotta replace the whole thing like I did.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:00 AM

SOOO...

The car went to Honda today for a 'problem diagnosis' .. Basically, they didn't have a clue and by the sounds of it, didn't really want to know. The general idea of what they said was to take it back to them when I've returned it to standard.. Great!!!

They plugged it in, the only code they found on it was P0138 HO252 if that sounds right? Post cat sensor which I'm assuming is just being tripped as a result of the aftermarket exhaust? Can't imagine that would be causing me these problems?

They also suggested the valve clearances probably need adjusting (already knew that), again not sure the symptoms point very strongly at that either though.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bliss
Did you put some kind of intake tube and filter on or is it still just a filter clamped to throttle body?

If you just made something can you take a picture of what you have?

I would stress to first get some kind of intake tube on the car that was made by some pro's K&N or OEM whatever. Then step by step move on. There was a few people that had obvious issues with your air filter mod or whatever you want to call it.
Heat soak was mentioned and seems to me as your car warms up it craps out.

It would be safe to say you have more than one problem looking at the picture you provided. So take your time.
Yeah definitely putting an OEM air box back on it. Hasn't arrived in the post yet though

That said, how warm the car is doesn't seem to have an effect on whether the symptoms are present or not.

If it's during a period when the car is playing up, it does it 100% whether it's cold start or warmed up. In fact sometimes I've felt it's most severe while it's cold? :/

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
Like I said cleaving doesn't really help. Gotta replace the whole thing like I did.
I hope you're right, I think along with the OEM air intake I'm going to try a replacement IAC. A couple of people have looked at the IAC on it and have said it looks to be working fine... Is it something that they should be able to tell with the naked eye? Or does the fact that it looks fine, not necessarily mean it is fine? Have you got your car back on the road to find out if the new IAC has been a definite fix for yours yet dude?
Old 03-17-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea you can't tell if it's bad just by looking at unless you open it completely. My issues seems to have gone away. No more shaking and no more turning off .

Quick Reply: Dipping Revs and Hesitating On The Move PLZ HELP!