S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Differential Question

Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential Question

Hey all,

Tried searching around to see if I could find the info on my own, but no such luck. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. Any way fairly new to the forum, thanks for the warm reception! I picked up my S a few months ago and have been collecting parts to fix some of the stuff the PO did that doesn't really suit my style or float my boat. Enough of the rambling and onto my questions: It has a puddy rear diff, what does this mean or entail? I know the gear ratio is still the same as it was. Oh it's a Ap1 if that helps.

Thanks for the help!
I'll try and get some pics up once I figure out how to that.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/558...able-products/

They are absolutely terrible, ill take it off your hands for free!

Where do you live, I can swap you my OEM HONDA 2001 DIFFERENTIAL for what you have. Im kind of losing out but I am willing to do whatever I can to make your experience enjoyable
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by _brandon

Where do you live, I can swap you my OEM HONDA 2001 DIFFERENTIAL for what you have. Im kind of losing out but I am willing to do whatever I can to make your experience enjoyable
Very nice Brandon. I so glad to see we have people like you on the boards. You are a worthless scumbag.

Originally Posted by KnottsHerrington
Hey all,

Tried searching around to see if I could find the info on my own, but no such luck. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. Any way fairly new to the forum, thanks for the warm reception! I picked up my S a few months ago and have been collecting parts to fix some of the stuff the PO did that doesn't really suit my style or float my boat. Enough of the rambling and onto my questions: It has a puddy rear diff, what does this mean or entail? I know the gear ratio is still the same as it was. Oh it's a Ap1 if that helps.

Thanks for the help!
The diff in you car is an excellent piece. I wouldn't worry about changing it out.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by realblag
Originally Posted by _brandon' timestamp='1360778050' post='22335177

Very nice Brandon. I so glad to see we have people like you on the boards. You are a worthless scumbag.

Hey all,

Thanks for the help!
The diff in you car is an excellent piece. I wouldn't worry about changing it out.
What realbag said. Keep the puddy diff. Way better than oem

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Haha thanks for the compliments but I was just giving him a hard time

Yes its a good product keep it!
But if you did want to remove it to convert it back to stock you can get a pretty penny for it.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I can get everything corrected for the spring. I'll try and figure out how to post pics this weekend.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I can get everything corrected for the spring. I'll try and figure out how to post pics this weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL_ymezOxls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jdaH1LNoMA
http://www.google.com/search?q=post+...eshack+youtube
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM

So do you plan on leaving it in like most forum members suggest? If you plan on tracking it or FI I absolutely would leave it. Sadly the stock diffs on the s2k are the weakest link.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

depending on the stage of diff build, Puddymodracing diffs are built to tighter tolerances than OEM. a 1.5 rear is goig to be good for mild boost(stock to say 350HP) stage 2, 450ish, stage 3 up to about 600 and stage 4 is full race. Nothing is going to withstand abuse, speed shifting for long but Ben's diffs are better that stock, by FAR
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by _brandon
So do you plan on leaving it in like most forum members suggest? If you plan on tracking it or FI I absolutely would leave it. Sadly the stock diffs on the s2k are the weakest link.

Yes I plan to leave it in. Hopefully going the SC route, thinking comptech or SOS. Might be a while gotta recoup some car funds, just finished my 61 buick v8 engine build it was kinda pricey $7200!! but worth every penny