S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

diff. replacement under warranty................

Old 07-19-2002, 07:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default diff. replacement under warranty................

hi all,

i know this has been beaten to death, but i just wanted to reiterate my story and point out a few things......

ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED OVER THE PHONE........NO ONE HAS SEEN MY CAR YET.

i left my service manager a v-mail yesterday to advise that i think i may have a bad diff. as i have a "ticking" sound coming from the rear of the car (this is the first they're hearing of it as i've been living with it for a few months, but now its getting worse so i thought i would call them and start some dialogue).

he calls me back today and apologizes for not getting back to me sooner, but he had to do some preliminary "work" before he called me.

1. he had to get authorization from honda canada to do the work.
2. honda canada asks to see service records of rear-end related maintenance (fluid replacements, tsb's performed etc.)
3. he pulls the records and submits them to honda canada.
4. honda canada calls back and advises that if indeed the diff. needs replacement that they've pre-authorized it as the customer has performed all necessary "scheduled" maintenance.

the service manager tells me they need the car for 5 days and that he's ordered the parts and honda canada will cover the cost of a rental.....i should bring in the car ASAP.

he further goes on and tells me that i'm lucky i did the fluid replacements (recommended interval in canada is every 48,000KM - i had it done at every 24,000).

he tells me a lot of people skimp or extend the replacement intervals to ridiculous lengths - and that some people never do it!

i'm gonna take my car in next week........I HOPE THEY CAN PUT IT BACK TOGETHER PROPERLY.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKG 26
[B]hi all,

i know this has been beaten to death, but i just wanted to reiterate my story and point out a few things......

ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED OVER THE PHONE........NO ONE HAS SEEN MY CAR YET.

i left my service manager a v-mail yesterday to advise that i think i may have a bad diff. as i have a "ticking" sound coming from the rear of the car (this is the first they're hearing of it as i've been living with it for a few months, but now its getting worse so i thought i would call them and start some dialogue).

he calls me back today and apologizes for not getting back to me sooner, but he had to do some preliminary "work" before he called me.

Old 07-19-2002, 10:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2kpdx01
[B]hmm...the ticking noise is necessarly the diff...i hope they check the simple obvious tsb solution i had done for the ticking noise.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKG 26
[B]
Old 07-19-2002, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by s2kpdx01
what are these two?
1. driver's window regulator - my driver's window doesn't go down using the one-tocuh mechanism.
2. LOF - lube, oil, and filter (in other words, an oil change ) - that's the invoice "notation" that most dealers in canada use for an oil change
Old 07-19-2002, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you noticed any stress lines on your headlight lenses Yet? Mine suddenly appeared (or I just took notice) and the dealership recognized that a number of people are complaining of this. The work will be done under warranty once they receive the parts for this and the cluch buzzing TSB fix.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:02 PM

Received 4,073 Likes on 3,195 Posts

I would think that even if you haven't had the diff. oil changed and you did indeed have a bad diff. they still should replace it under warranty. A diff. should last at least 100k.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:17 PM

wow your one lucky guy. my rear is starting to tick louder and louder too. i just hope my dealer and honda N. America will fix mine under warranty too. and if they dont, looks like my s2 will be a garage queen...

Mike
Old 07-20-2002, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by DJHohum
wow your one lucky guy. my rear is starting to tick louder and louder too. i just hope my dealer and honda N. America will fix mine under warranty too. and if they dont, looks like my s2 will be a garage queen...

Mike
whaddup mike, what Honda dealer do you go to service your car,have u had the clutch tsb and grind tsb done yet?-thanks
Old 07-20-2002, 08:53 PM

Hi guys -- my 2000 s2k is going in on Thursday because of lousy synch while shifting between 1 -2 and 2-3. Is this the "Grind" tsb you're talking about?

Quick Reply: diff. replacement under warranty................