S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

dash lights

Old 10-08-2019, 06:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,251 Likes on 1,092 Posts

That must have been it. And, of course, it's all covered in the owner's manual which wasn't handy on the shoulder of the road.
To reduce glare at night, the
instrument panel illumination dims
when you turn the light switch to
or position.

Adjust the brightness to the desired
level with the headlight switch off,
and also with the headlight switch on.
Both settings will remain at those
levels until you change them.

With the headlight switch on, you
can switch the display to full daytime
brightness by pushing and holding
the + button. Push the - button to
return the display to the original
brightness.
-- Chuck
Old 10-08-2019, 09:04 AM

Received 1,475 Likes on 1,104 Posts

I found it by accident
Old 10-09-2019, 04:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay now it’s day 3 still haven’t found the problem. Taillights are out, but the break lights work and both blinkers work. No bulbs are blown, when I turn my lights on the dash will not light up. It just stays on the day dash. Fuse keeps blowing I think too I’ve been thru 3 already. Can someone tell me what number the taillight fuse is so I can check that one.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:50 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

What fuse you are blowing?

You can find this from user manual:

23. is the taillights fuse.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 1,475 Likes on 1,104 Posts

From my earlier post, is it the fuse I mentioned? Fuse 23? If so, then like I said, you have a short in the tail light circuit or possibly the parking lights. If the tail light circuit has a short in it, you will blow the fuse and lose the dimmer control signal which causes your dash lights to turn on and the gauges to dim.

I can recommend all sorts of troubleshooting steps, but need to have the questions we asked answered. So, first is which fuse is blowing.

Then, if you put in a fuse, do not touch the brakes, but turn on the headlights, does the fuse blow? If not then you have likely ruled out the parking light circuit. If so, I can recommend ways to isolate the front parking light harness from the rear to see which one may be the culprit.

If turning on the headlights does not blow the fuse, press the brake pedal. Does this blow the fuse? If so, the issue lies somewhere in the brake light portion of the harness to the rear. You are not sure yet if you have a blown bulb since your brake lights are not working That is a seperate element from the tail lights. So, if pressing the brake pedal causes the fuse to blow, then you need to pull out both brake light bulbs and test again. If no fuse blown, put one back in, if no fuse blown put the other in and test again. This rules out a burned out element in the brake light bulb which has bent over touching the other side from being the issue (I had that very issue). If not the bulbs then it is time to start looking at the harness. I can help more when you get there.

If you have a meter and know how to use it, I can also explain how to use it for this test vs blowing fuses over and over while testing