S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Damaged, Worth repairing and easy to do?

Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezoris
Originally Posted by S2Krmzdh' timestamp='1389907588' post='22968950
[quote name='Dezoris' timestamp='1389806997' post='22966483']
The body work can be a work in progress. The major cost will be replacing most of the rear subfram, control arms, shock, hub wheel bearing, axle, possible diff damage. Right there alone you are looking at around 3k-4k thats assuming the frame from the soft top is not totally bent.

Also was the front wheel impacted as well? If so you will be looking at the very least a wheel bearing.
Is the rocker panel damaged? Thats expensive and a ton of labor to cut out and replace. The cheaper you can get the car for the better because to me, looking at the pictures I see probably 5-6k in parts alone excluding labor time and supplies you will need.
I am new to the S2K scene, but the car is not hit that hard, and I have found parts and have a source to get parts (a friend of mine's dad owns an importing warehouse). The front tire is not hit, just the fender has slight damage, and i don't think id have to replace the fender, but will in the long run to keep it looking good.

If your entire rear wheel is toed in to that level it has either snapped the LCA or bent all the the associated arms and shock in the back.
Thats a big hit. How are you sure the front wheel made no contact? Just saying from experience, a sideways hit is usually overlooked as easy but there are plenty of things to consider, be prepared for more than you think. Dealt with this on multiple cars now.
[/quote]
I took those pictures of the car, and i spent a long time checking it out with my dad and dads uncle, who both dealt with cars daily (they owned dealerships) and we concluded that it was only the back that was hit, in the pictures it may seem like it is very bent inwards, but in reality it isnt that much, we will be lifting the car on a hoist to see the frame and how much has been actually damaged
Old 01-16-2014, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with your last reply, you stated what you have asked us. You believe its fixable and you backed it up with your answer along with your uncle's and dad's experience.

We're not here to give you the icing on the cake but to tell you the fact that it can be worst. if you are fine with it. go for it!!! Any thing can me done at home if you have the right tools and modivation. The level of ease on the project is up to you. Some people can build a car blind sided, other cant even figure out how to change a light bulb.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thait
with your last reply, you stated what you have asked us. You believe its fixable and you backed it up with your answer along with your uncle's and dad's experience.

We're not here to give you the icing on the cake but to tell you the fact that it can be worst. if you are fine with it. go for it!!! Any thing can me done at home if you have the right tools and modivation. The level of ease on the project is up to you. Some people can build a car blind sided, other cant even figure out how to change a light bulb.
lol you're right :/ but i am kinda hard headed sometimes and wanna go with what i think, but will def check it out again.
And LOL yep, i've actually heard somebody ask how to turn the lights on when they were driving, let alone changing it.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see the pics but I'm guessing it'll cost quite a bit to fix. Parts add up quick.