S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Crankcase Evac?

Old 02-13-2006, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where can you get all that stuff?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He linked it up higher but here ya go.

http://www.et-performance.com/automotive.html
Old 02-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thetz99,Feb 13 2006, 04:19 PM
I don't burn oil until trackdays where I would go through a quart a day. After the krank vent install, no oil drop after 3 track days. I'd say it stopped the intake from sucking it out.
And the sound when I pull the dipstick is a pop with a sucking sound...
Just out of curiosity, since many track without high oil consumption.. do you heel / toe? do you have extended or hi-rpm engine braking situations?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by gary_phd,Feb 13 2006, 10:13 AM
This is why I have the catch can inline. I get about this much, approx 1500mi worth of normal daily driving (occasional vtec, high rpm
Hi Gary, did you check to see if your VTEC is working?
Old 02-14-2006, 03:38 AM

Dumb question but is the only difference on the 04+ valve cover the PCV? Is the valve cover any taller? I've always been wondering if I can just eliminate the PCV (track car) with no ill effects... I ask since my strut bar is touching the PCV valve. Thanks guys
Old 02-14-2006, 06:18 AM

I like the idea of the Krankvents, they seem to alleviate most of the problem, it appears. Has anyone tried using OTHER parts though? I'd have to imagine the krankvent pieces are just a type of check valve, something that could be replicated for much cheaper.

I might check out the autoparts store when my car comes out this spring. Buy a couple different PCVs and test the effects with a vac/boost gauge to see if the crankcase pressure changes.

I still think that with the krankvents, even though they help a LOT, there is probably still a bit of positive pressure at high rpm, since there is no active system to produce vacuum in the crankcase.

Maybe pairing the krankvents with a scavenging setup plumbed into the exhaust would be better? Obviously the concerns billman raised are still valid - oil would be passed into the exhaust, but with a catchcan and (likely) an aftermarket exhaust, the effect of this should be minimized.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:02 AM

I would think there would be a less expensive way. I wouldn't be suprised that they jack their prices way up, especially after reading their little piece on relating them to the fast and the furious

I could see people would easily justify spending even 50 compared to the 100+ for these pcv valves.

Does anyone know of these type of "heavy duty" pcv valves that other companies sell?

Gary = wouldn't connecting the other side of the catch can that you have a filter on to the intake pipe? Wouldn't the airflow through the intake pipe there pull air out of the valve cover thus improving the effect even more?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2krev,Feb 14 2006, 10:02 AM
I would think there would be a less expensive way. I wouldn't be suprised that they jack their prices way up, especially after reading their little piece on relating them to the fast and the furious

I could see people would easily justify spending even 50 compared to the 100+ for these pcv valves.

Does anyone know of these type of "heavy duty" pcv valves that other companies sell?

I'm sure there is a cheaper way of doing this...
Old 02-14-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by SOHCmyDOHC,Feb 14 2006, 04:38 AM
Dumb question but is the only difference on the 04+ valve cover the PCV? Is the valve cover any taller? I've always been wondering if I can just eliminate the PCV (track car) with no ill effects... I ask since my strut bar is touching the PCV valve. Thanks guys
OK what did you put it in? a 510?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:17 AM

With the 968 Porsche Cup Cars (turbo) we tapped the lower block area to remove pressure form there too. We did use a small pump for the valve cover and the lower block. I don't have any dyno sheets available but it was worth while at least for a professional race effort.

Quick Reply: Crankcase Evac?