S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Craftsman floor jack repair

Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever happen to Satisfaction Guarantee or you Money Back ?

My Craftsman jack is about a year old now and I would Never Trust a jack without jack stands as a backup.

My Top of the line Craftsman Snow Blower Breaks every year and Sears could care less. I'm lucky if I have put 15 hours on it and the chute controls break every 7 hours of use.

Thank God I bought the 5 year Warranty, but it's still a pain in the Azz.

Sears has Lost many Thousands of dollors of my hard earned money each year since they changed their policy.

Their Customer Service SUCKS !!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DERF,May 23 2007, 08:54 PM
Whatever happen to Satisfaction Guarantee or you Money Back ?

My Craftsman jack is about a year old now and I would Never Trust a jack without jack stands as a backup.

My Top of the line Craftsman Snow Blower Breaks every year and Sears could care less. I'm lucky if I have put 15 hours on it and the chute controls break every 7 hours of use.

Thank God I bought the 5 year Warranty, but it's still a pain in the Azz.

Sears has Lost many Thousands of dollors of my hard earned money each year since they changed their policy.

Their Customer Service SUCKS !!!!
i think you are right, the only thing keeping me from buying snap on tool was the craftsman's warranty. if craftsman jsut gonna slap on a cheesy mickey mouse warranty, i think i wouldn't even bother to buy them anymore.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had luck with mine so far I will have to take a pic my Craftsman jack so you guys can see how much abuse I have given it
Old 05-24-2007, 07:35 AM

The hand tools all have a lifetime warranty. Be sure they are not rusted at all tho. If you get a picky sales person they can deny you because of the rust. If that happens just go to a person later. Most people don't care. If they seem like they are unsure just tell them you never had a problem before and they will usually do it.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try calling the cs #, when i tried they couldnt even find the product in their system. i gave them every damn number off of the jack and every number from the website, even called the store to ask for prod #s and nope, zilch, nada.. its like sears' customer service doesnt know they sell this thing. i think u can keep adding oil/fluid to it but that just gets oils/fluids all over the place
Old 05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Had a problem w/ mine too. Still had the owners manual, i followed the directions and added hydro fluid and it' like new again.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freq,May 25 2007, 11:14 AM
Had a problem w/ mine too. Still had the owners manual, i followed the directions and added hydro fluid and it' like new again.
can you help us out here and post some pics of where to add the oil?

THANKS!
Old 05-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Umm - not that I would do this but a plan came to my mind:

Go to Sears, buy another jack, keep the reciept, go back in a month, exchange the broken jack, sell it on S2KI.

Slight PIA but I'm really balking at dumping $200 on a new one. The thing DID leak within a year. If they dont even sell parts I'm not feeling too guilty - oh I mean WOULD FEEL.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Speaking of floor jacks, how do you guys jack a lifted car up? Do you just use the OEM jack until its high enough to shove a normal jack under?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by axis_of_evil,May 26 2007, 10:00 AM
Umm - not that I would do this but a plan came to my mind:

Go to Sears, buy another jack, keep the reciept, go back in a month, exchange the broken jack, sell it on S2KI.
That would work fine as long as the jack looks the same, which it should. Look for a new kid that won't know the difference. Most of them don't know thier head from thier a$$. Sears does not spend much time training people anymore. I get sad everytime I go in there now. When I worked there we had to know everything but not anymore. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Craftsman floor jack repair