S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Craftsman 2-ton aluminum jack ~$200

Old 05-10-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterEz,May 10 2005, 01:47 PM
I have this jack. You can get it under the rear but for the front, you will still need wood blocks or something to raise the car more first. My car is stock btw.
I have this jack, also! I drive up on 2"x10" blocks, about 2' long. Jack works great! Couple of pumps, and the jack-stands slide right under. Worth the $200 - bucks!!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this one...DK13HLQ:

http://www.asedeals.com/hydraulicjacks2.html

AC's brand new DK20 and DK13HLQ low profile jacks.

These car jacks blow all others out of the water. - Why? There's just no competition.

The highest quality construction.
Extra long handle with convenient design allows for easy maneuvering.
These things have an incredibly low 3.1" minimum height.
They'll fit under just about any low clearance sports car.
HLQ Models are extreme High-Lifters with extra long reach.
Plus, the HLQ Models have a quick lift pedal as standard.
Quick lift pedal is optional on DK20
Extremely precise lowering - no more crashing down.
Buy without fear of getting a lemon with AC's incredible 5 Year Warranty.
A must-have for shop owners and home enthusiasts!

What's the quick lift pedal? - The quick-lift pedal allows you to quickly raise the jack saddle to the vehicle frame with a simple press of a foot pedal. - A great time saver!

Note: The frame on the DK13HLQ stays at low clearance for 16 inches. It then begins to rise gradually to 6.3"

They're not cheap, they're not lightweight, bu the they sit lower than almost any jack I've looked at. They also will reach the center jack point.

This one is cheaper:

http://www.asedeals.com/automotive_floor_jacks.html

Model 200T - 2 Ton Low-Rider Floor Jack

AFF's new Model 200T floor jack is built with our traditional quality, perfect for today's lowerprofile, "tuner" vehicles. It lifts quickly using AFF
Old 05-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Well, the one I see that I would like is the DK20 which you have to pay $20 extra for the rubber pad which is included in the craftsman set and lifts starting 3.1" compared to Craftsman's 3.75". It only lifts 400 lbs more and is 20 lbs heavier. It also costs about $84 more. This thing comes with a 5 year warranty but doesn't the craftsman set come with lifetime warranty. Also what if this thing breaks down, then I gotta chase around for some guys from Denmark or I could just take this thing to my local Sears store. I think the Craftsman unit is a better value plus it has a better name. What do you guys think?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in my experience aluminum jacks arent that good. at our shop we used a Blue Point (snap on) alum. jack. its beautiful but thats it, after a while of use the pump became really hard and it doesnt lift at all. same with the craftsman. so we are back to old faithful steel jack.
but maybe for home use they might last, but we did break the Blue Point jack in about 2 weeks.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this jack. Its fits with no issues.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:06 PM

Buy the Craftsman jack, for all the reasons you stated earlier.. No, it will not get to the front central jacking point but, it will get the rear and under the sides. to get the front I jack up the back side and use a jackstand on the front side,then move the jack to the central location and jack it up.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by jzz30,May 10 2005, 07:08 PM
in my experience aluminum jacks arent that good. at our shop we used a Blue Point (snap on) alum. jack. its beautiful but thats it, after a while of use the pump became really hard and it doesnt lift at all. same with the craftsman. so we are back to old faithful steel jack.
but maybe for home use they might last, but we did break the Blue Point jack in about 2 weeks.
So what are you telling me?... that these jacks break down right away? Does craftsman have lifetime warranty on their floor-jacks BTW? If I purchase I expect this thing to work beautifully for at least 5 years.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:41 PM

craftsman doesn't offer lifetime warranty on their aluminum jacks. it would be better to buy a low profile jack at costco.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ludedude,May 10 2005, 11:42 AM
While you might be able to get the jack under the front jacking point, the issue is that you may not be able to pump it at all since the handle will be hitting the bumper
Correct. I have this jack, and I like it a lot. It easily gets under the side jacking points, and I can jack up the rear of the car using the differential housing with no problem, but the jack handle hits the bumper, with no play, when you try to jack up the front end from the front cross member. I solve that problem by using ramps for the front.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:50 PM

The craftsman jack raises so easily like 5" on the first pump. No more swweating just to reach the bottom of the car...Just get the damn jack and be done with it. I have one and it is the best i've ever owned.

Quick Reply: Craftsman 2-ton aluminum jack ~$200