S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Cracked Toda Header bracket

Old 03-02-2004, 05:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Quick question. Is the bracket absolutely necessary? I've never had a header prior to this that attached to anything other than the head and exhaust pipe.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sideways
Quick question.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not so sure that it is absolutely necessary. After all, the header is attached to the head very securely and the Toda is not nearly as heavy as the stock one with all its heat shields (3 to be exact).
Old 03-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

The header does have a very thick flat mounting flange, which is the most important part to supporting the header. Toda did choose to incorperate the lower bracket, like the stock unit. I was pretty sure I'd be SOL on the whole deal anyway, Being they include a nice "for racing use only" sticker, which usually means, No warranty implied or given. I don't think it will become a bigger issue, but time will tell if it does. The biggest thing that urks me is I purchased through a dealer, and AKH. No grey market. They should step up to the plate and replace the header. The chances of me buying any other Toda Product, Or Work Wheels, is zero. It's a shame, I like throwing money to big companies that make quality products.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:01 PM

what were your impressions on the header itself?
were you satisfied with that it was doing for you?
Old 03-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Former Moderator

It's lighter, looks better, probably make a tiny bit more power, but I don't have any documented/concrete performance gains. the header was on before the SC, needless to say the Vortech was the biggest performance gain on my car.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:47 PM

Quoting from King's website:
WARRANTY
LIMITED WARRANTY
King Motorsports will warranty for the period of one (1) year from original purchase against all defects in workmanship and materials for products produced by Mugen Co., Ltd. King Motorsports is not responsible for expenses incurred for labor, personal injury or inconvenience. King Motorsports sole responsibility is to offer a replacement product or to repair the damaged product. King Motorsports cannot warranty products damaged by improper installation or used for racing or off-road use. All other products sold by King Motorsports are warranted by the original manufacters and is not the responsibility of King Motorsports.

It looks like King only offers explicit warrantees on Mugen parts.
So is there any benefit to purchasing a non-grey market Toda header? What peace of mind did we really end up with?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Former Moderator

Not much piece of mind at the moment. I hope nobody has to deal with a cracked primary tube.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally posted by sebrings2k
what were your impressions on the header itself?
were you satisfied with that it was doing for you?

Apparently he may be satisfied with the performance and the finish, but the quality of what's included and customer support is also apart of the product that doesn't seem to be addressed here.

I've also had my share of experience with King/Mugen and I've always loved the customer support they've offered. For me, that's the price I'm willing to pay for those type of products whose product and quality of product aren't copied.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:44 PM

[QUOTE]Not sure if this happened to everyone, but when I installed my Toda header, this bracket had to be attached with the "hanger" from the OEM header shaped like two L's joined together.

Quick Reply: Cracked Toda Header bracket