S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

cracked SC bracket!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2002, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have(had) a version with small tubular brace provided from the alternator to the blower, not as beefy as the rectangular extruded item on the BETA BOYS cars. The blower side screw broke and/or backed out causing the flange to machine into the blower housing. Fortunately i noticed(at laguna seca), before it chewed completely thru destroying blower. I have disconnected this so my setup is now like Rocketmans, Shad at comptech said it was ok to disconnect. they initially added it thinking it would help matters(cracking brackets),
but now feel it doesn't help(and actually hurt me). Therefore, it is safe and advisable to remove this bracket,
the tubular one, if u have this version.
Additionally, i believe there was a disernable decrease in transmitted vibration or more smoothness after
i dissconnected it ...NICE!!!!! . BETA BOYS; add this fastener to your bracket check routine if u want to avoid this. u saw it at Laguna SECA.

ALSO, is the bolt at the back of the drivers left bracket, connecting to the alternator, a LOCATING bolt only, ie. not to be tight, screwed in just enuff to make bracket flush, but still loose so bracket may pivot until the front blower bracket bolt is tightened down? this is how mine seems to be, and appears to be correct from the install manual,....i think, or not. if this is inadvertantly tightened, could this contribute to bracket failure, or vise-versa, if u follow my twisted prose. btw, i'm typing this naked. i only throw that in as i'm sure most have nodded off by now.

Now if i only had a transmission, hmmm.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:29 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sfphinkterMC
[B]i have(had) a version with small tubular brace provided from the alternator to the blower, not as beefy as the rectangular extruded item on the BETA BOYS cars. The blower side screw broke and/or backed out causing the flange to machine into the blower housing. Fortunately i noticed(at laguna seca), before it chewed completely thru destroying blower. I have disconnected this so my setup is now like Rocketmans, Shad at comptech said it was ok to disconnect. they initially added it thinking it would help matters(cracking brackets),
but now feel it doesn't help(and actually hurt me). Therefore, it is safe and advisable to remove this bracket,
the tubular one, if u have this version.