S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Cracked Ring... New short block...

Old 02-06-2003, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

For those who have fixed this issue on your own. About how much was it for parts.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
[B]Which piston is #4. is that the closest to the front of the block or the furthest back.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:01 PM

Hey silver,

Try looking at the Benz SLK32 AMG. More performance then the NSX, two seater hard drop top for almost half the price of it. Very nice car. I dont think I could ever go back to Japanese engineering. It frightens me to be honest. I think it will be american or euro from here on out. Dont get me wrong. They have thier problems too. But at least i know when i pay 50g for the benz i wont get a geo metro as a fricken rental.!!!!!!! Nor will enterprise have to pick me up from the dealer. Give me a break Honda. Learn how to accomodate a higher clientel please.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:11 PM

Man is it refreshing to hear of a dealership standing up and taking care of business without a fight. Bravo! Good luck with the new block.
-BS2KT
Old 02-06-2003, 05:40 PM

[B]Hey silver,

Try looking at the Benz SLK32 AMG.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:22 PM

Ok, I promised a pic:

Old 02-06-2003, 08:15 PM

DANG - now that I've learned to search the postings - there are a heck of a lot of #4 failure postings out there. Anyway... Hope the pic is useful...

- Art
Old 02-08-2003, 11:14 AM

Yea I did get alittle loud there lol. Maybe I shouldve of worded it differently. Its not that they are dumb, or stupid. Cause the S2000 and other Japanese ideas are not only refreshing but very clever. It mainly lies in the American Corperations to carry that over and apply in which they do not. So the root of the problem you right is not japanese inginuity, but Corperate America following through with it. Sound better?
Old 02-08-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]Try looking at the Benz SLK32 AMG.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by xprzo

I want to develop a maintenance schedule of some type to prevent that carbon build-up in the future - it seems the Honda maintenance schedule may not be sufficient.
Have you considered using water injection to clean out the cylinders? When water vapour enters the cylinders in sufficient quantities, it breaks up the carbon and it can become part of the combustion process.

Because I had one of the very first S2000s (No. 50) and mine is a work car, I was one of the first to get the loose spark plug TSB causing misfires. (I had to pay for it, because it was only 4 months after that, that they acknowledged it as a problem) Anyway, because I drove it around for about 1500 miles in the two weeks before I complained about it and had it diagnosed, I had some serious carbon build up.

1/2 an hour with a friend, a water sprayer, and ringing ears, I cleaned out a lot of the carbon in the cylinders and the car felt it was accelerating under load so much smoother. You should have seen the grey smoke, then the white smoke that poured out of this baby! It was a bit of a worry, but I knew I wasn't doing any damage to it.

But to sustain the engine at 6000rpm while I sprayed water in the throttle body was an extremely painful exercise I'm not willing to repeat. That's why when I get my new ECU, I am also getting a new water injection kit.

Quick Reply: Cracked Ring... New short block...