S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Coolant bleed problems

Old 04-25-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nguyen365
this is great. You dont even need to bleed the s2000 coolant then? If I am reading this right our car will bleed out the bubbles itself?
I bought the Lisle funnel when replacing my cracked stock radiator, but it did not have an adapter to fit the Koyorad radiator. It has one for the stock radiator. I ended up using Billmans method and got hot air blowing immediately but it seemed that no air ever really came out of the bleeder. After trying it about 10 times and never seeing any bubbles from the bleeder, I took it out and drove it - everything was fine. It seemed too easy. Been fine for over 1000 miles now.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:13 PM

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 623baller
And wait till the heater is blowing really HOT, DO NOT drive the car if the heater is not blowing HOT air.

special thanks for s2000maniac, had a couple offline messages with him and here's a high level process to use for bleeding the air bubbles out without having to open up bleeder screws in the front or rear. (there are other threads with pictures for reference on how to drain...etc). you will need a spill free funnel for this to work (google slip free funnel, you should be able to find one, manufacturer is lisle, it's a big yellow funnel with a bunch of adapter conenctors to mount onto the radiator hole) there are also some youtube videos that demonstrate this just search coolant flush, there's a guy with shaved head that does it on his accord and civic.
  1. turn key ignition to II and turn temperature knob to full heat, no fan needed. then turn off and take out your keys
  2. drain the coolants and back up reservoir. once all drained, lock the drain plug and proceed to next step
  3. fill the back up reservoir up somewhere between low and max line
  4. plug and play the spill free funnel and make sure it's tight on the radiator cap hole
  5. fill the funnel to half way full
  6. turn on the car and watch the funnel start burping bubbles out
  7. watch the radiator fan come on a couple time, it may start sucking the coolant from the funnel in, top off the funnel to mid point
  8. wait until there are no more bubbles burping, and the blowing HOT air inside the car
  9. shut off the car, come out and plug the funnel so you can take it off
  10. fill the back up reservoir to maxline (use whatever was left from the funnel)
  11. you are done! (go out for a drive and test to make sure it's not overheating (AP1 3 bar, AP2 eight bar)
Just wanted to say thanks for this clear and concise guide!