S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

COMPTECH vs SPEEDCRAFT

Old 02-07-2002, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only count one not being turbo that one slip cause i got exited. and yes i driven all of them besides the one thats not a turbo.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:30 PM

Ok good, I haven't lost all of it yet....

Speed,

How did the GT2 feel compared to the 911 TT AWD?
Old 02-07-2002, 09:36 PM

Well pappy u r close but the S4 and A4 come in turbo versions as same for the 996. The GT3 is the only one that dont, (kinda slip in the exitement of mesioning some great turbo cars) but I am just trying to prove a point that some of the greatest cars have turbo. sfphinktecmc dont know jack of the meaning of "rice" .

edited
Old 02-08-2002, 04:30 AM

As fas as CARB legal goes... I doubt if the Speedcraft kit will be carb legal. However, Dwight seems to think that a car with their kit will pass anyway. You guys are more than welcome to call Speedcraft (904) 276-9720 and talk with them about it. As far as needing a high degree of skill to install the kit... well, that's just false. The fabrication is much more difficult than the install and Speedcraft takes care of all of the fabrication. For the most part, it's a 'bolt-on' kit... sure I'm sure it's a little easier to install for the guy that fabricated the whole thing but I watched the whole install process a couple of times now and it's not that difficult.

In addition to which I don't place much faith in Comptech since when Dwight spoke to them and they discussed the VAFC... Comptech told him they were useless and only good for changing VTEC engagement. How many hp did Wes pick-up with the VAFC? Hmmm..... guess they don't know as much as they think. In addition to which I was looking at the Comptech kit long before the turbo and we (myself and Dwight) were following the 'issues' with the check valves and the brackets, etc. Dwight knew right away what the problem with the check valve was... maybe Comptech needs to hire Dwight on a consultation basis.

Chris,
Not a bad day and I hope Wes knows by now that none of what I say is personal. Wes has done as much for this forum and the S2000 community as anyone... he just bought his power adder a little too soon.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:55 AM

Derryck,
How much does it cost for speedcraft to install the kit..?
Old 02-08-2002, 06:50 AM

Originally posted by derryck
In addition to which I don't place much faith in Comptech since when Dwight spoke to them and they discussed the VAFC... Comptech told him they were useless and only good for changing VTEC engagement.
I really have no interest in defending Comptech 100%, I have no special feelings for them at all, but this statement needs a response.

When you call Comptech, it's not like calling Speedcraft. Comptech has salesmen, and people who field calls. If you call Comptech, Shad (the engineer) does not answer the phone. So, sure, somebody who answers Comptech's phone may have said that...but I don't think it's very smart to assume that everyone at Comptech believes that V-AFC is worthless just because one guy on the phone said that.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:04 AM

Wes,
I didn't say anyone was worthless but if the person that answers the phone doesn't know what the hell he's talking about then he should keep his mouth shut. We called Comptech and spoke to someone that works at Comptech and they were giving us Air/Fuel mixture ranges so I doubt that it was a 'receptionist'. My point here is that just like anywhere else... when you call a place of business and speak to someone, whatever that person says and does reflects on that place of business. All I'm saying is that I'm sure glad Dwight has always worked on my cars and not Comptech.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright enough off the name calling. Stick to the subject or thread will be locked.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:44 AM

I wrote up an article which may be of interest to people reading this..

http://www.chrisdrivesafastcar.com/article...e-faq-turbo.php
Old 02-08-2002, 08:17 AM

Alright enough off the name calling. Stick to the subject or thread will be locked.
Who's name calling? Aside from the brief digression discussing other cars... this thread is on topic. I'm amazed at how many threads go untouched by the moderators but they feel the need to step in here where not much is really happening... must be a slow day.

Quick Reply: COMPTECH vs SPEEDCRAFT