S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

COMPTECH vs SPEEDCRAFT

Old 02-07-2002, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct me if I have it wrong, but my impression is that the turbo'd S2000s that exist have gotten oodles of loving care in the installation of whichever kit it is. These things were installed by speed shops that specialize in aftermarket upgrades, one of a kind upgrades, etc.

This is in contrast with the SC kit which has been put on by Honda service, the person that bought it, the corner gas station (just kidding about this last one, but you never know ). I think very few of the SC kits have been installed by Comptech themselves.

Bottom line is the Comptech SC kit is a consumer product - you buy it and put it on. It seems the turbo is still a fairly specialized item that requires a high degree of skill to install. If you bought the turbo kit, would you want your local honda dealer to install it

Anyway, that's just my impression right now of the turbo kit. If I had the money and a shop that I trusted to install it, I would do it in a second. Right now, I have over 10K trouble free miles (except the POS check valve which I have now replaced with an electronic fix) on my SC and am loving it!
Old 02-07-2002, 07:16 PM

It doesn't take a high degree of skill to install the Speedcraft Turbo kit. I believe the only "Special" installing they do is welding the downpipe and exhaust with 3 inch piping. Other than that, any bodyshop can install the kit. Speedcraft has said they will sell the kit out of state. The only reason why both Turbo kits have been installed by Speedcraft is because both owners lived in FL.

Wes

I admit that my statement about the Comptech SC having more problems than Turbo Kits was a bit off. But I still believe that the Speedcraft Turbo kit is better. Purely my opinion, as I already know yours. When the boost upgrade and aftercooler come out, then things might change.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Pappy
Purely my opinion, as I already know yours.
Actually, I only responded to the reliability issue for a reason, because that was all I had to contradict. When it comes to power, the turbo kit owns. When it comes to warranty, price, and simplicity, the Comptech kit owns. It's not a mystery to me. If I had the money, and I wasn't worried about running a street legal car, I'd go turbo. But, snce I've already invested in the SC...I plan on trying to make it as fast as I can with the SC. I have no hate for the turbo kit.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:54 PM

turbo = drag race solution = rice(good)

S/C = road race solution = not rice(good too)
Old 02-07-2002, 08:15 PM

Um........Wat???? Turbo rice u said. Hmmmm I guess I love rice then. Porche 996, GT2, GT3. Audi S4, A4. GTR34 EvovII. YUMMY!!!!!!! Rice tasting real good
Old 02-07-2002, 08:26 PM

what is this miscomception that you can't race at the track with the Speedcraft Turbo kit. Just because the only two owners haven't ran at the track doesn't mean it can't do it. Besides, the Turbo makes more Torque and hits full boost at 3500 rpm all the way to redline than the SC, so in theory it would be better than a SC.

Sort of in the same area as to what Wesmaster said, there is not enough Turbo Kits out there to make a good solid comparison between the two kits.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:40 PM

S2Speed,

do u really like those cars? have u driven them. by the way, 2 of them are NOT Turbos.
i just became nauseated behind some soccer mom weaving across the double yellow in the caynons in an S4....learn to drive and not be a menace , u hag!!!

do u doubt those turbo cars would'nt be better if the are NA.

A turbo is a "necessary evil" in a street or race car unable to make power NA.
A turbo is potentially acceptable only when making obscene power.
nonetheless i will buy a WRX if the STI version comes to my market...i need a beater.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:41 PM

excuse me...3 of them
Old 02-07-2002, 09:23 PM

You must be the biggest IDIOT i ever heard. So tell me which ones dont come turbo
Old 02-07-2002, 09:26 PM

Sorry, but from what I saw, Porsche GT3, and I think the 996 and one of the audi's (not sure)

Not trying to prove you wrong, just testing my car skills....

Quick Reply: COMPTECH vs SPEEDCRAFT