S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Comptech S/C - going back to stock boost,

Old 12-23-2004, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comptech S/C - going back to stock boost,

Ok, so you can help me out a little bit better let me explain what Im doing to my vehicle. Im working on a S2000 Comptech Supercharger, 650cc RC injectors, an 11lb. boost pulley, and an AEM EMS. I decided to take the car back to stock boost, and replace the AEM ECU with the stock one because of all the problems that I was having with it. So I replaced my 11lb boost pulley with the stock Comptech one, replaced my 650cc injectors with the stock injectors, and the AEM EMS ECU with the stock S2K ECU. Tried to start it and it wont start now. I even figured that it could possibly be the battery since I've had problems with it in the past, so I tried jumping it. I got it to start by only giving it gas, and by keeping the clutch pedal pressed in. During this time the car was idling like shit, and I couldn't get it to rev high even with the gas pedal fully depressed. Once I let off of the clutch pedal it died, and I haven't been able to start it since. These are the things I've currently checked.

1. Checked the fuel pump fuse. Its fine. and you can hear it humm when you first turn on the ACC power.

2. checked all fuses under the hood. They were fine. I haven't checked the ones in the car yet because it has been 17F here for the last couple of days.

3.The car is getting fuel, so its not that.

4. Re-set the ECU.

The only thing that I can come up with is that maybe it has something to do with the Comptech fuel pressure regulator??? Im going nuts here so any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:13 PM

The Comptech fuel pressure regulator should have nothing to do with it, because it only works when it sees boost. However you should re-install the stock fuel pump as the unit you have is a high pressure/high flow unit. The high pressure could be a problem, but not enough in my opinion for the car not to start.

You're missing something. You should download the supercharger instructions and see what is missing.

cheers

W
Old 12-23-2004, 01:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You should NOT put the stock fuel pump back on. It's still under boost. The stock fuel pump will not suffice.
It sounds like you have an electronic problem. When you pulled the AEM EMS and put the OEM ECU back, did you also put the Comptech ESM back on? You must also look at all the wiring that got removed, re-spliced and re-attached.

And yes, get the Comptech manual and go through it step by step. For your convenience, here it is:
http://www.comptechusa.com/instructions/ins072.pdf
However, you must still get the ESM wiring diagram, which is not included in the link I just provided.

ps. Usually with a higher boost pulley, the fuel pressure is turned UP on the Comptech regulator. You must figure how much it was bumped up and now turn it down to suit the stock Comptech boost.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you put the Comptech ESM back in? A supercharged vehicle can be driven with the belt off so there is no reason why it wouldn't run with the upgraded fuel pump.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,Dec 23 2004, 03:35 PM
Did you put the Comptech ESM back in?
Hehe, we think alike.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Dec 23 2004, 05:36 PM
Hehe, we think alike.
That's not really a compliment for you.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:44 PM

Wait a minute, this car is still forced induction? I thought you are going back to stock? It seems everyone else understands that you're remaining FI, if so ignor what I said.

cheers

W
Old 12-23-2004, 01:56 PM

Been thinking. Your title is very misleading. I'm changing it so the right people will view.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:08 PM

What is the Comptech ESM??? I didnt put it back on becuase I dont believe that I have it, or know where it would be on the car?? Could you tell me what the ESM is, and possibly where it would be located, and where to find the wiring diagram.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

Xviper's link has the install instructions, you can find the ESM info there.

Quick Reply: Comptech S/C - going back to stock boost,