S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Comptech Install

Old 11-05-2003, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comptech Install

Hi All!

I just got my Comptech Intake in. I want to do the install correctly without hacking something up. I have been reading up on the prior install issues such as fitament, vibration under WOT, Hood prop, & Hood. Note: I have the updated CAI box.

Here is the Intake:

Here I want to know if the Filter should be tight to airbox and piping tight to airbox also? Is there vibration issues?

Should the piping go together as close as possible? The yellow arrow indicates a little ring around the tubing, now should this ring go flush to the rubber tube? Or slide in more until under the metal bracket.

I noticed the Filter tab sticks out from under the airbox. Does this hit the body? Should I get a cushion for this?

The weatherstriping looks kind of thin. Should I beef this up? I want to avoid vibration

This is the Filter with Oil. Do you notice the oil blotches? What is the proper procedure to put oil on this foam filter? Seems that there is too much on?

Lastly, I am thinking of painting the lettering what do you think: Photoshopped enhanced
Original

Silver

Red

I like the silver because of my sebring color. But I might go with red to match the valve cover.

Also please fill me in on any tips you might have on installing this intake. Thanks all!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your hands will get very oily applying the filter oil. Here is why: you need to spray *some* onto the filter and then massage the oil into the element using your hands. Its looks like you have enough on there so work the oil into the filter and make sure to cover all the surfaces with at least a light sheen.

Definitely slide all the piping together as close as possible but the main idea is to get material under the metal clamps. Make sure the clamps hold tight, but not so tight the tubes crack under the pressure.

The metal peg hanging out the bottom of the air box is perfectly fine. It should not contact any part of the car if the airbox is installed properly.

Oh... the red is definitely more bling.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:30 PM

By the Way - Your is one of the better posts asking for help I've seen in the last few years. Pictures along with specific questions... I feel spoiled all of a sudden.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:23 PM

I like the all red theme you got there. Nice pictures. How about this one?

Old 11-05-2003, 09:26 PM

This ones really colorful!

j/k sorry
Old 11-05-2003, 09:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by swtazn97
This ones really colorful!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerrypeterson
Your hands will get very oily applying the filter oil.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:46 AM

"PS. I like the red color scheme too. swtazn97's first picture looks good with the two colors of Silver 'COMPTECH' and Red 'SPORT' I am actually considering this.

As for the multi-color scheme - AKA flamer-colors I think swtazn97 was if he thinks that will look good on the S."

The first picture i posted is white and red.

For the second picture-- I got carried away with the photoshop thing, it's just too funny. =)
Old 11-06-2003, 11:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paivag
Old 11-06-2003, 05:29 PM

I painted mine RED. I used model paint. I applied about 12 to 14 coats. A light coat each time, to the point where it started to build up nice and heavy but without and drips. I'll try and remember to get a better shot tomorrow for you.

I can help you install it if you'd like.

Quick Reply: Comptech Install