S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Coilover Help

Old 09-12-2005, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to think you had to unbolt the bottom mount in order to adjust the height on coilovers but that seemed a bit ridiculous to me. while adjusting the height of my suspension, another member (mice) and i discovered that you can adjust the height of the suspension quite easily without unbolting anything. all you need to do is loosen the bottom collar, then hook one of your collar wrenches on either of the top 2 collars (make sure they're locked tight against each other) and use the wrench to turn the entire shock body up out of the lower fork (raising height) or down into the fork (lowering height). using this method makes it WAY easier to adjust the height because you don't have to constantly unbolt and retighten the lower bolt every time you want to make an adjustment. sorry if this is confusing, it would be so much easier to demonstrate. let me know if i can clarify anything further.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah...i figured it out yesterday...it was really easy...loosen the bottom bolt and twist the top lower collar clockwise or counter clockwise..

thanks guys