S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Recommendation

Old 03-29-2003, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ATS carbon clutch with 9" super light flywheel.
The clutch is the best I ever had and the set including the pressure plate weights as much as the toda flywheel by it self.
I could not bring this clutch to slip (324 HP on the wheel) but the think I do not like is the buzzing noise between 2500 RPM and 3500 RPM. I talked about this to ATS and to board members and all of them told me that this is normal and a trade off for the lightweight (aluminum clutch cover). When you don't mind this is the clutch to go for you. They have a 1600 KG version too but this would be for 550 HP and up.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by BryanS2k
I love how people's response here is to tell a person that another car is what he should be driving... did he ask for your intelligent opinion on whether the car can be driven hard and still hold up or what he should be driving? You people need to stay with the topic here and keep your comments to yourselves because I am sure he doesn't want to hear them and I personally get very annoyed with having to read such worthless junk.

I thought the responses were very respectful.

If someone were to come to you and say "do you know where I can get suspension upgrades for my Escalade, because it doesn't seem to be cornering very well?" what would you tell him?
Old 03-29-2003, 01:56 PM

Oh god give me a break. Some people understand that their car is not the best in the world! The point is they wish to modify it how they see fit. Now why don't you stop trying to push your opinion on everyone else and just stick to the subject? or is that too hard for you to do because you must have everyone else believe that the car should be modified only for what you believe the car is best for? or even driven as you see fit? Grow up...

bryan
Old 03-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by Woodson

I thought the responses were very respectful.

If someone were to come to you and say "do you know where I can get suspension upgrades for my Escalade, because it doesn't seem to be cornering very well?" what would you tell him?
I would probably tell them "Go to Joe's 4x4".

Thanks for bringing that up, cause I am really not happy with the way my wife's Tahoe handles. It never occurred to me that I could fix it...
Old 03-29-2003, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by BryanS2k
Oh god give me a break. Some people understand that their car is not the best in the world! The point is they wish to modify it how they see fit. Now why don't you stop trying to push your opinion on everyone else and just stick to the subject? or is that too hard for you to do because you must have everyone else believe that the car should be modified only for what you believe the car is best for? or even driven as you see fit? Grow up...

bryan
You're reading way too much into this. We're simply saying that if he wants a drag car, there are better choices. And where does anyone anywhere on this thread say if or how a car should be modified. Take a deep breath and calm down.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:01 AM

I think I'm going with the Exedy 1-piece with my Vortech setup. I have heard from a number of people that its one of the most durable clutches on the market. But be prepared....I believe the price is over $1100.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:15 AM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jahnke
[B]I think I'm going with the Exedy 1-piece with my Vortech setup. I have heard from a number of people that its one of the most durable clutches on the market.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
[B]

I was aware of only 1 Exedy clutch for the S2000, and I thought it was over $2000.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:58 AM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yellow Streak
[B]

jahnke is correct on pricing for the Exedy Hyper Single.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by gernby

Does it include the flywheel, or am I thinking of an entirely different clutch set?
Yes, it includes the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate.

-YS

Quick Reply: Clutch Recommendation