S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Problem need help fast

Old 06-22-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problem need help fast

Ok guys I need your help with this issue I recently encountered last night, its in regards to my tranny.

Im getting off the DVP on woodbine and im downshifting and in 2nd gear i can hear a rattiling then like another noises like like a card hitting the spokes of a bike. After that I think I need a new clutch. I have a 2000 s2k, is it possible my car was in the bad batch of s2k that need the recall?

I bought the car used from Honda with 29,000 clicks on it. It was fully maintained at that shop and apparently the previous owner had a good service/customer relation with them.

On my way home I heard a high pitched noise that became louder as I accelerated.

So here is what I would like to know:
1) I bought the car used but I had an additional 3 years of warranty coverage put on with the Honda Plus warranty. Apparently it was going to end in May, which makes me think I had a bad tranny. Now, if it is that problem is Honda going to fix it for free or will they charge me for something like a diagnosis fee?
2) If it is the recall issue, will they replace the clutch and the flywheel?
3) If it isnt part of the recall, since I am under warranty what will happen...like what fees am I looking at paying?
4) If they wont replace it for free there is no point in buying a stock clutch...so Im looking at exedy...anything else?

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info, this comes at a bad time too I have a bio class on monday and calculus down town tues and thurs and on thurs I need to get back to Scarborough ASAP because I have to write a psychology exam.

PS: If I get an aftermarket clutch, will it void my warranty?

Im not sure if the recall was done on the vehicle yet either.