S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

CLUTCH PROBLEM, HELP!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face CLUTCH PROBLEM, HELP!

Alright so i recently picked up my 00 s2k and ive notice that when i drive without having t0 press the clutch as much its okay, but lets say if i go to a drive-thru or a parking lot with alot of speed bumps and i have to engage the clutch multiple times i notice sometimes the car when i put it on first to go it acts like its lagging. But once i get it in gear and i drive without having to press it as much it will be good. Im not sure if this makes any sense but if anyone has the same problem and fixed it let me know please! thanks
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM

anyone?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Don't understand. At all.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your clutch is worn and slipping. Please give better details of your problem.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 AM

Alright lets say i go out on a drive and i dont have hit traffic or i dont go in a place where i have to keep pressing the clutch (like stop and go multiple times) When i do press the clutch a few times after a couple times the car acts like it doesnt grab or lags...but if i give it enough gas and i just keep driving it gets better. Its pretty hard to explain im trying my best to make it easy on you guys to understand. So pretty much i dont have to keep getting on the clutch the clutch as much in short period of times it acts alright, but if in a short period of time i engage and disengage the clutch a few time thats when the problem happens. I tried changing the fluid out and put new Honda MTF but still does it sometimes.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.....the clutch doesn't use MTF...that's for the tranny...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 PM

im pretty aware of that buddy, the whole flush thing was for the tranny. But im talkin about my clutch probllem. Tranny was flushed to see if changes would occur since the clutch is also part of tranny.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thread is so full of fail...

It is not clear what you are saying... Changing the tranny fluid will not do anything to fix the clutch... Fluid goes inside the tranny clutch lives on the outside of the tranny box... Changing the fluid may help with notchyness not whatever you are trying to say with the clutch...

Are you saying that the clutch is slow to engage when it gets hot? So you get a lot of RPMs before it engages? Are you saying that the motor bogs down after a bit and the car doesn't want to accelerate?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Get cruising to about 20-30 mph. Put it in 6th, then floor it. If the car starts reving up but isn't going any faster than your clutch is slipping and needs to be replaced. If the car acts normal and slowly accelerates then its probably another problem. Check your plugs and wait til you get a new batch of gas in the car to see if the problem goes away, and try to explain the issue a little better next time. You jump all over the place and ask too many questions at the same time mixed in with other statements.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well we'll start with the basics... has the clutch ever been replaced, either by you or a previous owner? If it has... I would suggest making sure that it was replaced with AP1 (or better) spec'd equipment. I'm assuming it'd bolt up (although I don't know) but using a AP2 flywheel and/or pp probably wouldn't produce the best results in a ap1.

That being said, if anything it sounds like you just have poor clutch technique. It sounds like you're causing a minor glaze from repeated (poor) clutch use, and that final grab it slips a little bit. Does it ever free-rev or actually hang? During non-repeated clutch use?

Quick Reply: CLUTCH PROBLEM, HELP!