S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch pedal STUCK! Help?!

Old 08-30-2016, 03:16 AM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Billman, please tell me what course of action to take if the pivot is broken? I need to know what's the quickest fix. Don't know how long Honda will take to order one if I can't use something else and I really wanna get my baby back on the road urgently.
Either new from Honda, or used from someone else. I recently needed the clutch release bearing guide, didn't know I needed it until trans was out, should have just ordered it anyway. So car was down waiting for this one part, which was backordered with no date when it would be available. So I had to just call around all the Honda dealers in an ever increasing radius around my area. Finally found it, but it would have been a several hours drive. Dealer refused to ship.

So posted in that areas local forum, asking if someone would pick it up and fedex. This forum is awesome! I paid with card, and this guy who was local to dealer drove over and got it, then fedexed it to me. I gave him a little extra to cover his costs, but I definitely owe the guy a case of beers if we ever meet.

Maybe you could do the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
Good on that fellow S2K owner for helping you like that! Now I had to take my car to Honda and if they need to get me that bracket, it's gonna take time! I am literally going thru withdrawal symptoms here - can't drive my car :/
YOU ROCK for sending me this link! I see it's called a "release hanger"
If it's really that and or the hanger spring then damn, what a simple small thing that caused a big thing... the car is 100 percent - engine is fantastic and everything works, it's just this little hiccup that could probably have been avoided had the previous owner done the aftermarket clutch install correctly... for all we know, they could have forced the fork which weakened the hanger or something like that.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:08 AM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

Aftermarket clutch install?
Old 08-30-2016, 07:23 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

It should be very easy to spot if the pivot bracket is indeed broken or loose.
If it is indeed bad it should be possible to replace it without pulling the transmission.
From your description it sounds like the mechanic wasn't sure at all what was wrong and I wouldn't start pulling out the transmission just based on that.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
Aftermarket clutch install?
It had a 4 puck installed by previous owner.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
It should be very easy to spot if the pivot bracket is indeed broken or loose.
If it is indeed bad it should be possible to replace it without pulling the transmission.
From your description it sounds like the mechanic wasn't sure at all what was wrong and I wouldn't start pulling out the transmission just based on that.
Yes Flanders I wasn't convinced by that mechanic. Gladly I did not let him do anything further and took my car to Honda where the mac there was easily able to put the fork back in and then he showed me that there is a grinding noise when trying to disengage the clutch! He says the clutch is indeed broken but he will pull the Trans to make sure. I'm getting a new OEM clutch kit and new gearbox fluid
This is being claimed thru the warranty which the bank forced me to take. Just hoping that they will definitely pay for the whole job.

I wasn't too happy with the harshness of the four puck and the noises it made. OEM should be great huh?
Old 09-01-2016, 01:07 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

That's good news
Yes OEM friction disc, pilot bearing and release bearing is highly recommended, if you want a bit of an upgrade you can get a ACT pressure plate.
Not sure on the Honda pricing in SA but if they are like here in Europe you might want the buy from the US instead.
Here is a nice package from one of the vendors here (there are many others) and I think you might get additional discount if you ask.
http://moddiction.com/moddiction/s20...i-2301770.aspx

Oh just realized you might get the parts for free, then no need to order anything I guess.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:24 PM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Yeah, while the act pp (which I have, and love) is a slight upgrade from the oem pp, if it was choice between buyong act pp at overseas prices vs free oem pp, the choice would be real easy. Go all oem, for free, and don't look back. That warranty just paid off...
Old 09-01-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 1,397 Likes on 837 Posts

Not much gets said about the OEM pressure plate, it is near indestructible and will outlast all the other components, even if it's a used one.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Billman, please tell me what course of action to take if the pivot is broken? I need to know what's the quickest fix. Don't know how long Honda will take to order one if I can't use something else and I really wanna get my baby back on the road urgently.
Either new from Honda, or used from someone else. I recently needed the clutch release bearing guide, didn't know I needed it until trans was out, should have just ordered it anyway. So car was down waiting for this one part, which was backordered with no date when it would be available. So I had to just call around all the Honda dealers in an ever increasing radius around my area. Finally found it, but it would have been a several hours drive. Dealer refused to ship.

So posted in that areas local forum, asking if someone would pick it up and fedex. This forum is awesome! I paid with card, and this guy who was local to dealer drove over and got it, then fedexed it to me. I gave him a little extra to cover his costs, but I definitely owe the guy a case of beers if we ever meet.

Maybe you could do the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
That's awesome
Old 09-01-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
That's good news
Yes OEM friction disc, pilot bearing and release bearing is highly recommended, if you want a bit of an upgrade you can get a ACT pressure plate.
Not sure on the Honda pricing in SA but if they are like here in Europe you might want the buy from the US instead.
Here is a nice package from one of the vendors here (there are many others) and I think you might get additional discount if you ask.
http://moddiction.com/moddiction/s20...i-2301770.aspx

Oh just realized you might get the parts for free, then no need to order anything I guess.
Thanks! OEM is that good eh? Not surprised. Upon closer inspection I found that the pressure plate is OEM while the puck clutch was some cheap local thing... Will post pics ASAP.
Thanks for the link. I heard stories of people having bad experiences with ACT - crankwalk??

Yes, hoping I get the new parts totally free, on warranty

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal STUCK! Help?!