S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch pedal STUCK! Help?!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:37 AM

Received 1,396 Likes on 837 Posts

That video makes no sense, that play in the fork is completely normal. To date, I have never found one worn out.

No it doesn't get greased, the shaft itself needs a bit of spray lube in the ends (the fork pivots on the center pole, the center pole does not pivot in the bracket).

Stop concentrating on the bearing and see if the pivot is broken!!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:47 AM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
That video makes no sense, that play in the fork is completely normal. To date, I have never found one worn out.

No it doesn't get greased, the shaft itself needs a bit of spray lube in the ends (the fork pivots on the center pole, the center pole does not pivot in the bracket).

Stop concentrating on the bearing and see if the pivot is broken!!
That fork is a solid piece of metal so I guess they made it to never wear out.

OK Billman, I will concentrate on seeing if that pivot is broken
IF it is broken then what is the fastest way to fix it (save waiting for a week or two for Honda to order one for me)??
Old 08-29-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

Billman: You don't think a loose pin like in the video could make annoying noises?
I don't think the argument was that it would fail or not function correctly.

Rolan: It's held in there by two bolts, the one bellow might be hard to spot but it's visible in the last couple of seconds in the video.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:28 AM

I guarantee ever single fork in every S2000 rattles like that when it's removed.

It is 100% normal and will not cause any noise while installed.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:31 AM

Flanders: I see, thanks for pointing it out.

Billman: I would hear my fork hit against the cavity when I pressed the clutch sometimes. Is that because the rubber boot was not there to cushion it?
Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 AM

I guarantee ever single fork in every S2000 rattles like that when it's removed.

It is 100% normal and will not cause any noise while installed.
Billman, please tell me what course of action to take if the pivot is broken? I need to know what's the quickest fix. Don't know how long Honda will take to order one if I can't use something else and I really wanna get my baby back on the road urgently.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:22 PM

If it's broken, change it. That's it.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

Good to know that the rattle is normal, thanks Billman.
Here is the part numbers for you Rolan 5&6 http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-l...h-release.html
Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Billman, please tell me what course of action to take if the pivot is broken? I need to know what's the quickest fix. Don't know how long Honda will take to order one if I can't use something else and I really wanna get my baby back on the road urgently.
Either new from Honda, or used from someone else. I recently needed the clutch release bearing guide, didn't know I needed it until trans was out, should have just ordered it anyway. So car was down waiting for this one part, which was backordered with no date when it would be available. So I had to just call around all the Honda dealers in an ever increasing radius around my area. Finally found it, but it would have been a several hours drive. Dealer refused to ship.

So posted in that areas local forum, asking if someone would pick it up and fedex. This forum is awesome! I paid with card, and this guy who was local to dealer drove over and got it, then fedexed it to me. I gave him a little extra to cover his costs, but I definitely owe the guy a case of beers if we ever meet.

Maybe you could do the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-30-2016, 03:10 AM

If it's broken, change it. That's it.
Might be the case as we put her on the ramp this morning but the mac looking inside managed to get the fork over the bearing like it should be but then could not line the slave up with the cup of the fork so he reckons the position of the fork is out of whack due to that pivot bracket or something else... sigh I didn't know what to do as I was at the shops mercy who didn't charge me for using their ramp. Whether his analogy was right or wrong, I couldn't really protest as he said, the trans has to come down... I think I felt and saw the pivot bracket in place so I'm not sure if that really needs replacement or not.

So, final option was to drive her in second gear all the way to the nearest Honda dealer where she is now...

Your thoughts Bill?

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal STUCK! Help?!