S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Pedal feeling weird lately II

Old 03-30-2011, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal feeling weird lately II

I found a topic by searching for clutch problems, but it was the opposite of what is happening to me..
So, please excuse me if I missed something and please shed some light to take me away from my problem..

Recently my engine was hydrolocked so I had to replace it with a used one..
I also got the gearbox changed because I got my new one with the engine due to it's low mileage.

The cluch in the old (hydrolocked) engine was in an extremely good condition ( 10.000 miles, without accelerating hardly, with first gear and I've been always using heel n' toe ) , so I and my mechanic, chose to install this one on my new engine..
On the other hand, I kept the new flywheel for not having any problem with crankshaft's weight distribution.

When I first started the engine and took it for the first ride, after changing all the fluids, I noticed that I only had to press the pedal just a little (about 20%) in order to completely disengage the clutch and from that point, up to the pedal's route's end it made no difference .. so the clutch pedal works too high and from that point the other 80% is dead..

My mechanic adjusted something on the pedal in order to make it work in a lower point close to it's end.. When I left the shop, it was working fine, but finally, after a week, same thing was happening..

Back to the shop, he adjusted the pedal a bit more (and he told me that he can not adjust it any more from now on) and seems to work fine at the moment, but it's been only a few hours..

The thing that makes me worry is that he told me that if this happens again (so he won't be able to adjust it any more), the clutch kit he installed 500 miles before, will need replacement , because of pressure disk's failure !!!!!!
And we all know this procedure isn't cheap at all...

I am totally sure that with my old (hydrolocked) engine, the kit was working fine..
We checked it, and he found it was in a great condition..
From the first second after engine's replacement, I had exactly the same problem.. clutch pedal was disengaging disc TOO high..

So.. what could have gone wrong???
Is it really a clutch failure or something went wrong when installing it??
Finally, I'd like to add that I replaced the clutch kit for the first time at 70.000 miles, and nothing has changed in the way I drive..

Anything wrong with my clutch fluid line maybe ? Air or something..??

thank you in advance for your replies.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.. need some help, here..