S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

clutch pedal clicking..

Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default clutch pedal clicking..

i just recently noticed that my clutch pedal makes a clicking sound when i press down on it.. it only happens when my foot it totally off the pedal and i place my foot on the pedal and press down on it.. the car drives totally normal and i have no issues with the clutch at all.. i just know it never did it before.. so i wonder what could have caused it..

i've looked around at the pedal and stuff under the dash and i don't know what could be causing this.. has anyone else had this happen?? is it a sign that something is about to go out??
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could very well just be the springs on the pedal itself. Open the door and bend your self upside down in there and look at the clutch pedal. You will see some springs there. A fine little dab of wheel bearing grease rubbed over them will more than likely solve you're problem. Or even a quick spray of WD40 but you will smell that for a couple of days probably
Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM

thanks!!

i'll go try that now..
Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had what sounds like a similar issue, my problem was fixed by removing the slave cylinder and greasing the interface between the push pin and the clutch fork. In my case i was sure the sound was coming from the clutch petal.... wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out...
Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 PM

i just sprayed all that down with wd-40 and the clicking is gone..

i guess i need to see how long this solution will last.. before taking the slave cylinder out to grease that part.. which i would like to avoid..
Old 06-08-2011, 11:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a common problem. Re-greasing/Filing the nipple on the slave cylinder is the #1 culprit. Now I did something, or noticed something when I had this problem, I don't know if what I did fixed it, or if this was just random.

But I noticed when I used the left side of the pedal it was sticking, right side it wouldn't. I'm wondering if there's some play which is causing the unever wear. After about a week of using the opposite side of the pedal that I normally used, it went away. Random or real solution I am unsure.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:49 AM

I had noticed something similar to that myself..

I haven't driven the car yet, so hopefully when I get to drive it, there's still no noise..
Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious to see if u had solved this problem with your solution. It just started to do this to me today.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:10 PM

It just wd-40'd it and it went totally..

Then I started getting the dry squeaky feel to the clutch a month later, and I would just constantly wd-40 it every few days to quiet it up.. It lasted a while too, but all that went away on it's own.. one day I got in the car and I didn't hear anything and the clutch felt smooth again..

During that time I was checking the fluid and cheaking for leaks and came back with nothing every time..

I'm glad it stopped because I was ready to drop the car off at Honda to get whatever it was checked out..
Old 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Wd40 is a solvent. Use grease

Quick Reply: clutch pedal clicking..