S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Not Engaging/Disengaging

Old 09-29-2014, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch Not Engaging/Disengaging

So After a light afternoon drive I seem to of lost my gears.

In the middle of driving at about 60mph in 6th gear the car began to loose power and the RPMs began to drop,
I proceeded to downshift to attempt to counter the problem and once I shifted to neutral I found that I was Locked out of all my gears.
Once the car came to a complete stop, I powered the car off. I attempted to row the shiftier through the gears and the trans was no longer locked out.
But once I started the car again it locked me out again. I then started the car in 1st gear with the clutch pressed in. the car jerked showing it was in 1st gear but the clutch pedal position had not prevented the car from actually moving at all.
I revmatched the car and limped it back home.

Been doing some searching on here and have not found a primary reason for this failure. The Master Cylinder seemed to be full of fluid and i searched but found no leakage between the master and the slave. However the fact that the clutch pedal felt very much there when pressing on it yet there was no engagement/disengagement leads me to believe their is a disconnect somewhere between the Slave Cylinder and the Pressure Plate.

Some have said it my be the spring on the actual clutch disk that failed and is not allowing the pressure plate to grab correctly, or the Slave Cylinder has failed, and even the pressure plate has failed. I don't have the work area/time to break it open this week but going to in the next 2-3weeks. but don't want to buy any unnecessary things till I can figure out exactly what is going on.

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something along these lines? what were the fixes/what should i be looking at?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wouldn't buy anything until you found out what's going on.. I just did some work on mine.. the items I had picked up, were useful, however, my real list began during the discovery.. several items I would have ordered, and still have in my online shopping cart.. I haven't needed.. so.. get it up and take it apart and see what happen...
Old 09-29-2014, 07:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Newb comment:
Throw out bearing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2014, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw Out Bearing is another thought. def not buying parts till I get her apart. Will make a decision after that point